Redwulf's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonus Bitter

This was going to be a Black Sheep Ale Clone but it didn't quite go to plan

Batch Size: 23 Litire (Planned)

Grain Bill
3.75KG Maris Otter - (More Like 5kg)
400g Torrified Wheat
300g Crystal
14g Black Malt

Hops
Challenger 20g @ 60 Mins
Progress 20g @ 60 Mins
Fuggle 10g @60 Mins
East Kent Golding 17g @ 10 Mins

Yeast
S-04

I took the recipe from Graham Wheelers book this morning and plugged it into the Grainfather app. Got set up and gather 16 Litres of Water for the Mash and another 16 Litres for the sparge and put half a campden tablet in each.

While the Mash water was boiling I went off and weighed out the malt. I was on the dregs of one sack of Maris in my barrel so I weighed that out and tipped it in the grain bucket. I reckoned there was about 3kg there but there only about 2.1 according to the scales so I then opened up the new sack and weighed out the remainder of the Maris and then weighed the rest of the malt.

I first noticed something was awry when it was incredibly tough mashing in. I always round up the water to the next litre and I only ever have issues when I'm using lots of oats and wheat as you'd expect. This was really stiff so I switched the pump on to get some of the water up and that loosened it all up. I attributed it to the end of the sack been a bit more floury then usual and carried on regardless and gave it an extra stir during the mashing period.

It sparged nicely and I let it stand for 10-15 mins to let it properly finish before starting the boil and took a pre-boil reading which was 1.060 once I'd cooled it down and I noted I only had 25 Litres left in the kettle. I also sit the malt tube in an old brew kettle and I'll add any remaining wort to the boil prior the half way point.

So something was definitely amiss at this point since the post boil gravity was supposed to 1.046. I did a quick dilution calculation at this point and worked out I'd need about 10 Litres of water to achieve the correct gravity post boil, so I quickly scaled up the original recipe and added some additional hops to keep the IBUs balanced for the new volume.

I then poured another 10 litres of water in bucket and popped a crushed campden in. As soon as the boil had finished I took an a gravity reading which came out at 1.067 and noted the volume which was about 19 litres. I redid the dilution calculation to be on the safe side which came out at 10.13.

I turned the heat on and added 5 litres and took another gravity reading and then added the final 5 litres which gave me about 28 and a bit litres of wort at the original planned gravity of 1.046.

What went wrong? Well I think my scales were playing up in the garage or I had a "moment" when I was weighing out the pale malt. I've had a play with the numbers and I think I had closer to 5kg to give me the high pre-boil gravity and adsorb the extra couple of litres of water I was missing at the end.

At the end of the day I've got 28 Litres of nice looking bitter wort under the desk and as soon as its cooled a bit I will pitch the yeast and hopefully end up with a nice beer, maybe not black sheep but certainly a slightly grey one...

Last edited:
I did a 'Grey Sheep' myself a few weeks back. I had a taster after a fortnight in the bottle and it was very promising, but I'm resolving to leave it alone for a while yet! I used Verdant yeast.

My plan was to brew one batch with a dried yeast, and maybe later try the same recipe with a liquid yeast; I've been told Wyeast 1469 is the one to go for.

I did a 'Grey Sheep' myself a few weeks back. I had a taster after a fortnight in the bottle and it was very promising, but I'm resolving to leave it alone for a while yet! I used Verdant yeast.

My plan was to brew one batch with a dried yeast, and maybe later try the same recipe with a liquid yeast; I've been told Wyeast 1469 is the one to go for.

I used Wyeast 1469 for my last batch of bitter in Feb/March, It likes plenty of headspace in the fermentation vessel.

Thanks! I don't think that will be a problem with the batch sizes I use. There's plenty of room in the bucket, and later I'll divide that between as many demi-johns as it needs.

Bonus Bitter

This was going to be a Black Sheep Ale Clone but it didn't quite go to plan

Batch Size: 23 Litire (Planned)

Grain Bill
3.75KG Maris Otter - (More Like 5kg)
400g Torrified Wheat
300g Crystal
14g Black Malt

Hops
Challenger 20g @ 60 Mins
Progress 20g @ 60 Mins
Fuggle 10g @60 Mins
East Kent Golding 17g @ 10 Mins

Yeast
S-04

I took the recipe from Graham Wheelers book this morning and plugged it into the Grainfather app. Got set up and gather 16 Litres of Water for the Mash and another 16 Litres for the sparge and put half a campden tablet in each.

While the Mash water was boiling I went off and weighed out the malt. I was on the dregs of one sack of Maris in my barrel so I weighed that out and tipped it in the grain bucket. I reckoned there was about 3kg there but there only about 2.1 according to the scales so I then opened up the new sack and weighed out the remainder of the Maris and then weighed the rest of the malt.

I first noticed something was awry when it was incredibly tough mashing in. I always round up the water to the next litre and I only ever have issues when I'm using lots of oats and wheat as you'd expect. This was really stiff so I switched the pump on to get some of the water up and that loosened it all up. I attributed it to the end of the sack been a bit more floury then usual and carried on regardless and gave it an extra stir during the mashing period.

It sparged nicely and I let it stand for 10-15 mins to let it properly finish before starting the boil and took a pre-boil reading which was 1.060 once I'd cooled it down and I noted I only had 25 Litres left in the kettle. I also sit the malt tube in an old brew kettle and I'll add any remaining wort to the boil prior the half way point.

So something was definitely amiss at this point since the post boil gravity was supposed to 1.046. I did a quick dilution calculation at this point and worked out I'd need about 10 Litres of water to achieve the correct gravity post boil, so I quickly scaled up the original recipe and added some additional hops to keep the IBUs balanced for the new volume.

I then poured another 10 litres of water in bucket and popped a crushed campden in. As soon as the boil had finished I took an a gravity reading which came out at 1.067 and noted the volume which was about 19 litres. I redid the dilution calculation to be on the safe side which came out at 10.13.

I turned the heat on and added 5 litres and took another gravity reading and then added the final 5 litres which gave me about 28 and a bit litres of wort at the original planned gravity of 1.046.

What went wrong? Well I think my scales were playing up in the garage or I had a "moment" when I was weighing out the pale malt. I've had a play with the numbers and I think I had closer to 5kg to give me the high pre-boil gravity and adsorb the extra couple of litres of water I was missing at the end.

At the end of the day I've got 28 Litres of nice looking bitter wort under the desk and as soon as its cooled a bit I will pitch the yeast and hopefully end up with a nice beer, maybe not black sheep but certainly a slightly grey one...
Good job sorting out the dilutions and hop corrections “on the fly” - that takes a cool head

So anyway, I still have a few bottles of this (the Gumballhead) left, bottled 44 days ago. And the more I drink it, the more I like it. A really nice beer, Thanks again! athumb..

Strawberry Milkshake IPA

Batch size: 25L

Brew Length

Grain Bill
Maris Otter 5KG
Rolled Oats 1KG
Wheat Malt 0.75KG
Carapils 0.25 KG

Hops
9g Magnum @ 30 Mins
25g Amarillo - Hopstand
25g Citra - Hopstand
50g Amarillo - High Krausen
50g Comet - Dry Hop
50g Amarillo - Dry Hop

Other Additions
Lactose 500g
Strawberry Puree 2kg

Yeast - CML Voss Kveik #1

A friend and I are having a home brew day for a few friends next week and this one was on the list for missus anyway so I figured I'd do a an extra bit for the party and a keg for the missus. Sadly I'd manually scaled some it and then managed to use the automatic scaling on top of that and made a bloody mess of it all.

Then the Mash and the Sparge got a bit stuck so I had to free this up with the paddle and then I ended up with a lot of wort. I should have adjusted the boil length but instead I just went with it and ended up with 28 Litres of wort at about 1.064.

Ended up with 29L of Wort at 1.064. After 18 hours I added the high Krausen dry hop. After 3 days I'll pressure transfer to a purged secondary with the strawberry puree and remaining dry hop already before Kegging on day 7.

@Redwulf is this based on Liam Wynn's recipe of Wolf King brewing? I notice you did the ocean water one too, looks like a great recipe.

I've come for a bit of a moan and to ask about strawberry puree, cos I think I've ruined mine.

Liam Wynn gave me the idea for my strawberry milkshake but I totally changed the recipe - that's not the issue though.

I used voss as Liam does and primary was done in 36 hours - so this morning I've pressure transferred onto the puree. The problem is, when I did my sour, I used passion fruit puree and it was thin - no problem. But early morning me didn't notice that the strawberry stuff was very thick and now it's sat on the bottom of the secondary fermenter arghh! I shouldn't have agitated it but I kind of did - this has changed the colour of my beer and mixed in the thinner parts of the puree but there's still loads of thick stuff at the bottom. Do you have any advice please? I am hoping the yeast will scrub out any oxygen I've introduced. Oxygenation is the bane of my life and it honestly makes me poorly worrying about it.

Please help!

@Redwulf is this based on Liam Wynn's recipe of Wolf King brewing? I notice you did the ocean water one too, looks like a great recipe.

I've come for a bit of a moan and to ask about strawberry puree, cos I think I've ruined mine.

Liam Wynn gave me the idea for my strawberry milkshake but I totally changed the recipe - that's not the issue though.

I used voss as Liam does and primary was done in 36 hours - so this morning I've pressure transferred onto the puree. The problem is, when I did my sour, I used passion fruit puree and it was thin - no problem. But early morning me didn't notice that the strawberry stuff was very thick and now it's sat on the bottom of the secondary fermenter arghh! I shouldn't have agitated it but I kind of did - this has changed the colour of my beer and mixed in the thinner parts of the puree but there's still loads of thick stuff at the bottom. Do you have any advice please? I am hoping the yeast will scrub out any oxygen I've introduced. Oxygenation is the bane of my life and it honestly makes me poorly worrying about it.

Please help!
Sorry, haven't been having much forum time recently due to DIY projects.

Yup, it was Liams recipe.

Voss will purge any oxygen you've added and I seem to recall the trub displaced the strawberry puree in mine.

I don't worry about oxygen unless I am using oats and wheat (like this one sadly) even then as long as you purge and you don't slosh it about too much you'll be right.

Vienna Lager

Brew day: 31st October 2021

Batch Size: 23 litres
Boil Length 75 minutes

Grainbill
3.8KG Vienna Malt
1.2KG Pilsner Malt
150g Carahell
66g Chocolate Malt

Hop Additions
20g Magnum @ 60 Mins
15g Hersbruker @ 10 Mins

30L Ashbeck Water and 2L of Tap Water treated with 1 Campden Tablet between Mash Water and Sparge and 3g of Calcium Chloride in the mash.

1 Protofloc @ 10 Mins

I took advantage of the extra hour this morning and got properly set up for a change. My last two brews haven't been very smooth so I wanted to get my ducks in a row on this one.

I weighed out my grainbill and hop additions carefully and added 18 Litres of Ashbeck to the Grain father and 13 Litres to the Peco for the Sparge which I topped up with 2.5 Litres of Tap water and added a ground up Campden Tablet. This gave me an extra litre across the Mash and Sparge as I like to round up.

I mashed this one at 67c for 1 hour and gave it a stir after 10 mins and 40 mins before mashing out at 74c for a further 10 mins.

After mash out I pressed the top plate on the grainfather down and started to sparge with 15.5 Litres of Water. The Sparge was very quick so once I moved onto the Boil Phase I left the Malt tube in place until the kettle was at 95c to get the most out of it. Leaving me with about 29 Litres of Work in the kettle pre-boil with a gravity of about 1.039.

As we got closer to boiling point I removed the malt pipe and gave the kettle a good stir. Once the boil was properly underway and the hot break had gone under I started the timer. After 15 Mins I added the first hop addition and then the second one was made with 10 minutes to go along with a protofloc tablet. I started running hot wort through the counterflow chiller and into the spider for the last 10 minutes or so of the boil.

Once the boil finished I drained removed the hop spider and gave the kettle a really good stir before popping the lid back on and letting it settle for 10 minutes or so.

Once it was settled I began chilling it setting the counterflow and cold tap so I was getting 20c into the fermentor. Once there was 23 Litres in the fermentor I popped the lid on and left it to one side while I cleaned up a bit.

I pitched 10g of CML Helle yeast and placed the FV into the chamber set at 14c. I'll leave it there for 10 days or so before ramping up the temp by 1 degree a day and rest it at 18c for 2-3 days before cold crashing and fining with Gelatine for 2-3 days at which point I will keg and bottle it before conditioning for 5-6 weeks.

American Pale Ale

Brew Date : 7th November 2021

Batch Size: 23L
Mash Water 17L
Sparge Water 15L

Grain Bill
2.5KG Lager Malt
1.8KG Maris Otter
213g Carapils
150g Melanoidin Malt

Boil Hop Schedule
10g Centennial @ 60 Mins
20g Centennial @ 15 Mins
20g Amarillo @ 15 Mins
5g Galaxy @ 15 mins

Hop Stand Schedule
20g Centennial – 15 Min @ 80c
20g Amarillo 15 Min @ 80c
20g Galaxy 15 Min @ 80c

Other Additions
CRS – 10m added to total water volume
1 Campden tablet added to total water volume
1 Protofloc Tablet @ 10 Mins
1g Gelatine - post fermentation during cold crash

Yeast: US-05

Leisurely Sunday brew to resupply following 3 days of Partying. Did a stepped mash 30 mins @ 52c and 30 mins @ 65c before mashing out at 74c for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Numbers came out on the dot at 1.046 and 23L of Wort onto which I pitched 1 pack of the old reliable US-05 and stuck it under the stairs for a week or two.

Berliner Weisse - Small Batches of Cranberry BW and Pinacolada BW.

Brew Date : 20th November 2021
Brew Volume: 23L

Grain Bill
2kg Lager Malt
1kg Wheat Malt
100g Carahell

Hop Additions
20g Hersbrucker @ 15m

Other Additions
1/2 Protofloc Tablet

1st 11 Litre Batch
600-800g Frozen Cranberries - Secondary Addition

2nd 11 Litre Batch
500g Toasted Coconut - Secondary Addtion
500g Frozen Pineapple - Secondary Addition

Yeast
1 pack of Philly Sour

So Saturday was my big Christmas Brew day due to lots of other things taking my time up over the last few weeks and months and the missus and kids choosing to go down south for a couple of days. I was planning a Cranberry Saison but I think I'd missed the boat as Saison yeast can be a bit unpredictable in the fermentation department. So I decided to do a Berliner Weisse instead and split it into a couple of smaller batches.

Starting at about 10 am and finished at 14:00

I used 30L of Ashbeck water straight from the bottle and 500ml of tap water in total, Mashing in with about 11 Litres while the rest went into the sparge heater. With such a small grain bill the mash was really easy and the was sparge nice and straightforward too.

I boiled it for 60 mins adding 20g of Hersbrucker and half a protofloc tablet after 45 mins and then at the end of the boil gave it a good stir and left it for 10 mins.

I chilled and transferred this via the counterflow chiller into an All rounder and ended up with just shy of 23L of 1.030 Wort to which I immediately pitched 1 sachet of Philly Sour.

Next weekend I will prepare two clean buckets and add 2 bags of defrosted cranberries to one and 500g of Toasted Coconut and 2 bags of defrosted pineapple to the other before dividing the fermenting beer between the two and leaving for another week.

Reindeers Ruin - Christmas Ale

Brew Date: 20th November 2021
Brew Volume 23L

Grainbill
4.5KG Maris Otter
500g Biscuit Malt
500g Dark Munich
500g Honey - Late Addition
300g Medium Crystal
150g Torrefied Wheat
100g Carafa 1

Hop Additions
18g Challenger @ 60 Mins
20g Styrian Goldings @ 15 Mins

Other Additions
Irish Moss @ 10 Mins
11g Star Anise @ 10 mins
2 Cinnamon Sticks @ 10 Mins
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg @ 10 mins

So this was brew number 2 on Saturday.

For the first brew I was cleaning as I went so after the mash had finished I cleaned the malt pipe while it was still warm and set it up ready to go again.

Once the first boil was underway I went and weighed out the ingredients for this one and placed them on the other countertop and the malt was in a bucket.

Around 30 Mins through the berliner boil (1:30pm ish) I gathered 20L of Tap Water and added 8ml of AMS and 1 ground up campden tablet into the sparge heater and started heating this up.

As soon as the berliner was clear of the grainfather I hosed it out with hot water and scrubbed it down with a brush and hosed it out again over the sink. I then flushed the pump, recirculation pipe and chiller with hot water quickly and then one more quick hose out and I was setting up the malt pipe again and pouring 20L of water from the Sparge heater. I started the next batch on the app and as luck would have it my sparge water was at 64c so I was up to temp in a few minutes and mashing in at 14:30 ish adding some Gypsum to the mash.

I prepped around 14L of Sparge water with a campden tablet and 4ml of AMS and went back to check the mash. It was sticking a bit I gave it a good stir about 20 mins in and after that it behaved sparging nicely and giving me about 27L in the kettle. I added some gypsum, calcium chloride and table salt to the kettle and let it come to the boil.

Thinking I was a little short in volume I placed the whole Malt tube in my stove top kettle and by the time the boil started to roll this had gathered around 1L of wort which I added to the boil.

I made the first hop addition straight into the kettle once the foam had gone and stirred it periodically through the boil. After 40 mins or so I took a small jug of Wort and added this a saucepan on the stove top. Over a low heat I melted 500g of honey into the wort which I added back into the main boil with about 5 minutes to go.

At the end of the boil I gave it a good stir and let it stand for 10-15 mins before chilling it down to 21c. Again I was just shy of 23L in the FV and the gravity was 1.060 which is a bit low, I was expecting 1.066 but I think I shorted the Dark Munich by 200g and adding honey can be unpredictable.

I'm not to worried as last years version of was too strong if such a thing can be true and sat at around 7%, so if this comes out around 6-6.5% that would be better.

Edit - As Predicted the FG on this was a bit lower then the GF App predicted @ 1.013 instead of 1.016 so I reckon its around 6.1%

Last edited:
Notes on doing 2 brews in a day

So I've never done two All grain brews in a day before and I think 8.5 hours for the two was pretty good. I made some notes about what went well just so next time I am left unsupervised I can have an even better time.

1. Do the simplest brew first - My original plan was to do the Christmas Ale first and the Saison second, but I was waiting on some hops which didn't arrive till Saturday Lunch time so I swapped things around and did the unplanned Berliner first which didn't have many ingredients and no flaffing around with whirlpool hops etc.

2. Clean as you go - I do try to keep tidy but I am a naturally tidy persion. I did clean the malt pipe after the first mash and reassemble it straight away. I also hosed out the grain father straight after I'd emptied it and rinsed it through. So my cleaning and prep time between brews was about 30 mins.

3. Preheat for 2nd Mash - Probably the most obvious and biggest time save was getting the water for the 2nd mash heated up while I was still boiling the first brew. I actually overshot and it was stood for 10 mins while I finished cleaning up after the first so I was really lucky that it was 64c when I transferred into the GF fort he 2nd mash.

4. Keep the ingredients apart - Its too easy to pick up the wrong hop addition.

In hindsight I would have probably not bothered to brew on Saturday but instead prepped Saturday night either used the delay start and mashed in at 7am or mashed overnight and I would have been finished by about 12 on Sunday and still had plenty of time to tidy up before the family got back on Sunday Evening.

Really happy with both brews though

Kveik Pale Kellerbier/Altbier

Batch Size:
19L
OG 1.049
FG 1.008
EBC: 9
IBU: 28.7
BU:GU 0.59
ABV 5.28

Grain bill
2.5KG Pilsner Malt
1KG Vienna Malt
500g Maris Otter
150g Carahell

Hop Additions
30g Tetnang @ 60 mins
15g Tetnang @ 10 mins
15g Hersbrucker @ 10 mins
10g Hersbrucker @ Flameout

Other Additions
1/2 Protofloc @ 10 mins
1/2 tsp Yeast Nutrient @ Flameout

Yeast
Kveik Ubbe

Bit behind on my brewing for Christmas so I've been looking for some fun stuff to brew that will be ready for Christmas and make sure I've got plenty of beer on hand for the duration. I was looking for something that Ubbe/Lutra would work on and stumbled across the idea of Kellerbier/Altbier which is the kind of middle ground between a lager and an ale that should work well with Kveik Ubbe.

I used 28L of Ashbeck straight from the bottle for this and mashed in with 15 litres @52°c in the Grainfather for around 20 minutes and then cranked it up to 65°c for another 40 mins before mashing out at 74°c. Next time I do something like this I will use small batch pipework as I didn't quite have enough malt in the machine to set the overflow properly. As usual I stirred the mash every 20 mins to drive up my efficiency a bit and get the most from the grain.

I sparged with the remaining 13 Litres and then brought it up to boil. I waited for the Hot break to go disappear and added the initial 30g of Tetnang Hops and again gave it a good stir every 10-15 mins.

I added 1/2 a protofloc along with the 2nd hop addition of Tetnang and Hersbrucker @ 10 minutes and then connected the counterflow chiller.

After an hour I drained the hop spider and gave the kettle a good stir adding a final 10g of Hersbrucker to the Whirlpool and then left it settle for 10 mins, before running it through the chiller into a sanitized 30L All Rounder. I pitched 1 pack of Kveik Ubbe and then put the lid on before moving the fermenter to the Brew Chamber which I set at 32°c. S.G reading was pretty much dead on 1.049 with as near as damn it 19 litres of Wort in the FV.

All in all a good easy brew day.

Idaho 7 New England IPA V2

Batch Size: 20L

4kg Maris Otter
0.5kg Naked Malted Oats
0.5kg Wheat Malt

Hop Additions
40g Idaho 7 - Hop Stand
60g Idaho 7- High Krausen Dry Hop
100g Idaho 7 - Dry Hop

Yeast
Kveik Ebbegarden

O.G 1.057
Expected F.G 1.012

We really enjoyed our last Idaho 7 Neipa so I knocked out another one before silly season gets underway proper. Not really anything to report on this one. Mash and Sparge went very well and there was sign of it sticking which I sometimes find when mashing oats and wheat.

I only boiled this one for about 30 mins as there was no bittering addition and all the hops are added after the event.

I was pretty much spot on my numbers and ended up with about 18.5 litres in the FV as I couldn't be bothered flaffing about to get the last drops out of the Grainfather.

West Coast Saison - Crafty Brews

Batch Size 23L

Grain Bill
4kg Lager Malt
520g Wheat Malt
180g Caramunich 1

Hop Additions
8g Amarillo @ 70 mins
5g Cascade @ 70 mins
5g Amarillo @ 30 mins
5g Cascade @ 30 mins
5g Amarillo @ Flameout
5g Cascade @ Flameout

Other Additions
11ml CRS total water

First Brew of the new year and a chance to do something a bit different and try out some new toys. I've invested in a couple Spiedel Fermenters as my old buckets are on the way out and I am tired of fighting with the seals on the Grainfather so I got the rolled edge plates for the malt tube. I'm also trying an all grain kit for the first time. I'm not normally a kit brewer as I tend to adapt recipes to suit what I have to hand but as I fancied shaking it up a bit and taking the opportunity to work on my brewing process rather than worrying about recipes.

First up the Crafty Brews West Coast Saison from Brew UK.

The first thing I did was gave the Grainfather, pump and chiller pipework a rinse out with warm Chemsan as it had been stood unused for a month.

I plugged the recipe in to the Grainfather App and prepared the mash water using some CRS and a Campden tablet. I decided to do a stepped mash with a 20 minute rest at 52°c and 40 mins at 63°c since it is Saison and we want to drive that FG down as low as possible. Then the usual 10 minute mash out at 75c. The grain came in two prepared bags so I snipped the corner off them and stirred in 1 then the other and then give the mash a good 5 minute stir before putting the lid on and setting up the recirculation. It did look a bit murky but I am sure it will be fine.

Slight hiccup halfway through the mash when the power went out for a minute or two but the Grainfather App noticed and I was able to reconnect and carry on where I left off. This happened a couple more times but each time the software picked up again. After mashing out I slowly sparged with 16 Litres and left the malt pipe to drain over the kettle until we hit about 97°c at which point I sat it in a clean kettle.

I had weighed out the first hop addition from the provided packs pleasantly surprised to find it was leaf hops and this was added once the boil had started and the hot break had been stirred away.

While the boil was happening I set up the Bucket Blaster and flushed the new fermenter with some oxy for 5 mins before rinsing it out with cold water and finally some chemsan. I then soaked the fittings in chemsan until it was time to put the Fermenter back together. At the beginning of the boil, I also boiled a kettle of water and poured 110ml of water into a sanitised jug which I covered and let the temp drop to around 30°c and rehydrated the Belle Saison yeast.

Once it was done boiling I pitched the remaining hops...around 5g each of cascade and Amarillo and gave it a good stir to whirlpool before letting it stand for 10 mins. I transferred to the fermenter and pitched the yeast solution into the wort and moved it my fermentation chamber which was set at 22°c.

The wort was 3 points off the Grainfather prediction and 5 off the kit instructions but I didn't weigh anything and if it finishes 1.006 then it will still be a nice enough pint.

Best Bitter

Brew Day 16/02/2022

Batch Size: 23L

Grain Bill
4.4KG Maris Otter Pale Malt
100g Wheat Malt
55g Black Malt

Hop Additions
25g Fuggles @ 60 Mins
25g EKG @ 60 Mins
10g EKG @ 10 Mins
10g Fuggles @ 10 Mins