Regular hop supplier?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering who most people use.
I usually use CML as they deliver for free or 50p when I order 100g of hops, most other places want £5.95 but they are closed until the 2nd Jan
Anywhere else decent for small hop orders?
Cheers

I think even the ones that are doing postage in between chrimbo and new year will not reach you much quicker than waiting also why don't you make a unorthodox brew with what you have got as I have started doing that as I found out all I was making was high hoppage IPA styles and eventually a change is as good as a rest and it does give your palate time to re-adjust back to what it was. Some lovely brews can be done with minimal hops just look in the bible etc

Hi Baron, agree I have done some lovely brews with leftovers hop combinations you wouldn't normally do, I just bung it all in brewmate and see what I get as a base and go from there and its a good learning curve acheers.

athumb..athumb..athumb..
I think even the ones that are doing postage in between chrimbo and new year will not reach you much quicker than waiting also why don't you make a unorthodox brew with what you have got as I have started doing that as I found out all I was making was high hoppage IPA styles and eventually a change is as good as a rest and it does give your palate time to re-adjust back to what it was. Some lovely brews can be done with minimal hops just look in the bible etc
I really should, I find my hop tolerance changing all the time, beers I once found hoppy are now blah.....
I always found the beers in the Bible way underhopped, I made the American Wheat and could’ve cried I didn’t add more.
I need to start easing off gently

athumb..athumb..athumb..
I really should, I find my hop tolerance changing all the time, beers I once found hoppy are now blah.....
I always found the beers in the Bible way underhopped, I made the American Wheat and could’ve cried I didn’t add more.

Perhaps you might go "Cold Turkey" as it's Boxing Day and consider something like a Saison or a Trappist Belgian beer like Dubbel? These are flavoured mainly from yeast, then malts and scarcely hoppy at all.

"Brew like a Monk" is not the Bible, of course, but is an interesting read, for sure.

athumb..athumb..athumb..

They are underhopped imo. Most homebrew books undercook the hop quantities by quite a lot.

The only Belgian beer I have brewed was Muntons Belgian IPA and it tasted like it was infected, maybe it was supposed to taste like it did though
I must improve my yeast knowledge

The only Belgian beer I have brewed was Muntons Belgian IPA and it tasted like it was infected, maybe it was supposed to taste like it did though
I must improve my yeast knowledge

That is interesting! It is a common perception with Belgian yeasts at first experience.

Make a light"American" pale ale or blonde. Just put say 10 in at the start for bittering and late hop the rest to the IBU values you prefer, I would go light on the ibu's to say 20 to 25 should be a easy drinker but still have ipa flavours but not as intense. Just a thought
Ps you can always dry hop it in a week when you have ordered some hops if its not enough flavour

Latest posts

Back