Renamed: Andy’s Kegerator Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone have any knowledge of either the Mangrove Jacks Kegerator or the Keg Master series 4? They seem to be very similar and at similar prices so would love to find out from people with first hand knowledge what they think of these before i pull the trigger. Links below

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/ful...kit.html#/167-beer_tower_option-triple_faucethttps://www.brewuk.co.uk/brew-kegerator.html
And just to stop the thread going off topic, alas i do not have time to build one even though it may be a lot cheaper.

Thanks all!

A

Last edited:
Build your own, if I can do it anyone can. Cheaper and you get exactly what you want.
It’s just a case of drilling 2 holes through the fridge door and screwing the shanks in isn’t it?

And buggering around with temperature controls etc, and finding out you have gone through the wrong part. I dont have the time to build, i would rather be brewing in what little spare time i have

I’ve got the Mangrove Jack three tap Kegerator and bought it for the same reasons as you want to buy one. It’s a good bit of kit (yes it’s overpriced for what it actually is) and does the job. It’s worth noting that it will fit three kegs only if they are the newer type AEB kegs (slightly taller and slimmer than most recon kegs currently for sale) and space is pretty tight but as I only ever have two kegs on at a time I don’t find it an issue.

The Kegerator is easy to set up (took me around 40 mins) and simple to use. The build quality is OK as well. Properly chilled and carbonated beer took my home-brewing up a notch!!

If you need to know anymore please feel free to DM me and I will run you through some more detail.

Cheers! 🍻

I’ve got the Mangrove Jack three tap Kegerator and bought it for the same reasons as you want to buy one. It’s a good bit of kit (yes it’s overpriced for what it actually is) and does the job. It’s worth noting that it will fit three kegs only if they are the newer type AEB kegs (slightly taller and slimmer than most recon kegs currently for sale) and space is pretty tight but as I only ever have two kegs on at a time I don’t find it an issue.

The Kegerator is easy to set up (took me around 40 mins) and simple to use. The build quality is OK as well. Properly chilled and carbonated beer took my home-brewing up a notch!!

If you need to know anymore please feel free to DM me and I will run you through some more detail.

Cheers! 🍻

Thanks for the write up. Have you left it stock or upgraded any of the components? Presuming you keep the CO2 bottle inside if you are only using two kegs at a time so do not have any depth problems?

Appreciate the help!

I’ve kept it as it was intended. The gas bottle is at the back of the machine rather than inside and is free standing rather than in the cradle supplied.

Geterbrewed has the series x in stock but a little more expensive than AHB.
Being able to use reconditioned kegs (unlike the GF one) will save you about £200 over buying 4 new AEB kegs. I wouldnt hesitate to buy reconditioned, I have 10 of them and all in perfect working order.

To me the series x looks like a far better choice, but having no experience with either this is just from the specs of each.

Geterbrewed has the series x in stock but a little more expensive than AHB.
Being able to use reconditioned kegs (unlike the GF one) will save you about £200 over buying 4 new AEB kegs. I wouldnt hesitate to buy reconditioned, I have 10 of them and all in perfect working order.

To me the series x looks like a far better choice, but having no experience with either this is just from the specs of each.
Stupidly i just cancelled an order of recon kegs and ordered new ones (£58 vs £85) so that they fit in the Mangrove jacks, before i saw the series x :s

Anyone else have the series X yet?

Build your own, if I can do it anyone can. Cheaper and you get exactly what you want.
ok scratch that, i’ve found an upright fridge (the missus chucked a wobbly over the price of the other one :s) for £50 so looks like i’m going to try and build one! any suggestions for faucets etc ?

thanks for the help!

I was going to say the time it's taken you to post in here you would have had one built.

Is it a tall fridge I have intertaps from brewkegtap. They do the job and you can get flow control ones.

I was going to say the time it's taken you to post in here you would have had one built.

Is it a tall fridge I have intertaps from brewkegtap. They do the job and you can get flow control ones.

From what I can see, building one seems a lot better.

Malt Miller go through required things etc. Seems pretty easy too. They have a video showing you too (a few videos actually on different styles they've made). Just YouTube 'Malt Miller kegerator'

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/blog/our-kegerator-build/
Good luck with it. Updates with pics of the finished product is always nice too 👌😁

From what I can see, building one seems a lot better.

Malt Miller go through required things etc. Seems pretty easy too. They have a video showing you too (a few videos actually on different styles they've made). Just YouTube 'Malt Miller kegerator'

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/blog/our-kegerator-build/
Good luck with it. Updates with pics of the finished product is always nice too 👌😁

Thanks mate, was looking through last night, they seem to have a number of different faucet kits, i guess one is as good as another. Will keep you all posted :)

Back