Repeached

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if my understanding is correct in the unlikely situation that enough Republicans break rank to convict they can they hold a vote to bar him from ever running for public office again (I.e. head off Trump 2024 campaign).

That said I would be amazed (though happy) if he did get convicted,

He is one of a kind to be fair to him, no other US President has been impeached twice, or indeed been such a catastrophic **** as much as he has.

It would be interesting to draw a Venn diagram of Trumpalumpa supporters, Brexshit supporters and decent people.
I would not even open that can of worms...

Thing is, it's scary, if it wasn't for his absolutely catastrophic handling of the coronavirus he probably would have won. He's a mad man, anti democratic and it's good for the world as a whole that he's not the president anymore.

And if my understanding is correct in the unlikely situation that enough Republicans break rank to convict they can they hold a vote to bar him from ever running for public office again (I.e. head off Trump 2024 campaign).

The message from the Senate leader this time is much different than last time. One reliable news site said upwards of twenty would consider it. We'll see. I'd rather he didn't try to illegally flip the state of Georgia (twice now by phone) earlier and then the day that broke most of America's heart.

He is one of a kind to be fair to him, no other US President has been impeached twice, or indeed been such a catastrophic **** as much as he has.

It would be interesting to draw a Venn diagram of Trumpalumpa supporters, Brexshit supporters and decent people.
I've really had it hammered home that the white supremacists and white nationalists are truly dangerous. Yes, the FBI warned us that those groups are the biggest terrorist threats on American soil, ahead of any other organizations in the world. But nothing like a picture of it to make it more real.

Thing is, it's scary, if it wasn't for his absolutely catastrophic handling of the coronavirus he probably would have won. He's a mad man, anti democratic and it's good for the world as a whole that he's not the president anymore.
No COVID, him hammering constant lies on twitter and rallies. I'm more in line with your "probably" but my wife, who's more politics-savvy than I am says definitely no win for 45*. I'm just happy President-elect Biden won and bracing for the next week.
I truly hate politics and will be happy when I can go back to ignoring it.

Before making a decision on the performance of Trump I think it would be wise to see how his replacement performs. So many times leaders have been replaced by someone completely worse. Forget the personality traits, it is about who could/will serve the country better.
Lets just see the improvements/recessions the next four years bring, looking at the state of America at the moment I can't see any improvements on the horizon.

Last edited:

It will be interesting to see how they manage to avoid convicting him
As I understand it he has been indicted for inciting the mayhem last week
Now I'm no lawyer but even I would fancy my chances prosecuting that one

I can see a few claims, the fact that he will be out of office, claims that it is a Democrat led partisan witch hunt, claim the incident in Washington was a false flag operation by “Antiffa” (I really hate that term), claim that it was the actions of a misguided fringe group and nothing to do with Trump. I can see lots of “justifications” being used not to convict.

Unfortunately Trump seems to still have a pretty loyal following and it’s possibly a case of come mid terms do they fear a primary challenge more than the Democrats.

You have to remember that this is not a conventional prosecution - his fate is not decided by a jury but relies on a third of Republican senators making a political call as to whether he is still useful to their careers. And he is still very popular among the Republican faithful - I guess Trump is somewhat similar to Corbyn in being very popular with the party but a liability among swing voters (which lost them Georgia and hence control of the Senate).

So those Republican senators are in a very uncomfortable bind - they want Trump gone (to remove the electoral liability) but don't want to be seen by the faithful to be the one sticking the knife in.

You have to remember that this is not a conventional prosecution - his fate is not decided by a jury but relies on a third of Republican senators making a political call as to whether he is still useful to their careers. And he is still very popular among the Republican faithful - I guess Trump is somewhat similar to Corbyn in being very popular with the party but a liability among swing voters (which lost them Georgia and hence control of the Senate).

So those Republican senators are in a very uncomfortable bind - they want Trump gone (to remove the electoral liability) but don't want to be seen by the faithful to be the one sticking the knife in.

I couldn't help but feel ashamed
To live in a land where justice is a gaaaame
Am F Am f

1610651524925.png

Back