Rescue Carbonation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy Christmas All

Done a St Peters Cream stout to standard instructions and racked into 500ml PET bottles with a single crafty fox carbonation drop, bottles kept warm for a week before moving to garage.

Tried a bottle after 3 weeks as a test and bottles have not carbed up, used this method before with other St Peter's kits with no issues. The PET bottles are still quite soft to the touch.

Can I rescue this by decanting all the bottles into a barrel? If so I have 2 questions

Should I add sugar again and then keep the barrel warm for a week or so.

Or should I skip the sugar as its all ready been done with the carb drops and add Co2? If I take this route do you still keep the keg warm for a week before cold crashing

Any help would be much appreciated

Were the bottle caps a little loose by any chance I had a batch that lost carbonation due to loose lids
Not sure if u can try carbing again hopefully some one will have some experience with this issue

I think maybe just move the bottles back into the warm for longer and see if they start to firm over a few days (up to a couple of weeks). Not all beers carb up quickly and a week is possibly just not long enough for this beer/batch.

Latest posts

Back