Resterilise bottles after delay in bottling

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Tanglefoot

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for some advice on a couple of questions.
I have a Youngs european lager which has been in fv for 18 days, gravity seemed to settle around 1.010 after 2 weeks and I dry hopped it with a tea made from cascade pellets.
It has now crept down to 1.008 last couple of days readings. ( I think, i've included a pic - funny, most examples of how to read a hydrometer show meniscus the other way round ? ).
There are still a few bubbles in trial jar but I'm tempted to bottle it now ?

I was all ready to start bottling a couple of days ago but it surprised me with how active it seemed ( wondered if that was an effect of the hop tea ? )
hence I held off but I'd already sterilised two cases of new bottles - am I going to have to re-sterilise them ?

My other thought was to rack of the lager into the new bottling fv with tap, stick an airlock on it and leave a few days before adding priming sugar and bottling,
having learnt my lesson and checked the gravity first before getting everything else prepped !

Sample looked and tasted very promising !IMG_20200509_133446657 (2)beer pic.jpg

Banbeer

Banbeer Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, unfortunately yes to the sanitising again unless you kept the sanitising fluid in the bottles? most sanitisers only last a couple of hours after being done

Latest posts