Restoring a Beer Engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vossy - Did you get a replacement seal kit from Colin Farrar? If so, how much was it?

I see another How-To coming along... 'How to connect a beer engine up to a corni'. :hmm:

Yep, agreed, i'm looking at hooking mine up now, if i get it working i'll do that one :thumb:

all that talk of remembering to take note while you dismantle stuff reminds me of someone. i'll call him john smith to protect his identity :D . apparently when john smith was a kid he was introduced to people as 'this is john who breaks things' but when i knew him he was 'john the multi-talented'. i think he probably took things apart alot when he was a kid, whaddya reckon?

I borrowed my Granda's best watch one Christmas when i was about 8 years old "just to look at", when I returned it to him 'dissasembled' I wasn't called "Wez the multi talented" :lol:

God rest his soul :)

Highwayman,

Noticed you've got a Kolsch in a corny. Can you share or point me to a recipe :thumb:

How did it come out and how have you conditioned it. Was it lagered?

:cheers:

i used to have a VW trike. one day i ask 'john the multi-talented' if he could rewire it. Immediately he said yes. First thing he did was rip all the wiring off. he was much more confident than me! then he rewired it, then he fired it up, checked everything worked, IIRC only then did he make a wiring diagram. i hate electrics brrrrr

Vossy - Did you get a replacement seal kit from Colin Farrar? If so, how much was it?

Yep, it was £13.50 + VAT

I see another How-To coming along... 'How to connect a beer engine up to a corni'.

Another one of my 'to do' projects...that's not getting done :roll:

if i get it working i'll do that one

Good man :thumb: ...I've got a cask breather, but haven't had the chance to set it up yet :roll:

Vossy1 said:
Yep that's the same as mine Jv.
You should be able to remove the bottom plastic cap. I had to use a mallet and piece of wood as it required some persuasion to come off.

Some persuasion... I nearly gave up trying to get that bottom cap off! Eventually came off with some 'severe' persuasion ;)

Latest posts

Back