Retailers "own brand" kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Apart from the likes of love brewing's beerworks craft series kits and the bruphoria range from the homebrew company, does anyone know of other online shops selling similar kits?

Not looking for any inclusions of steeping grains or hops to boil, just plain old mix extract with water, ferment then dry hop when appropriate.

I've scoured the net but those two companies are the only ones I can see that fit the bill.

Cheers. Tom

I have just ordered a HofEngland Premium PIlsner but doubt it will be brewed until summer. I'm no gourmet, drink most things and use kits, pimping them occasionally. But I do keep records - so give me 4 months.

I suspect there aren't a lot of companies offering these kits as it's a bit limiting just dry hopping. I'm not sure what they use as the base in terms of extract, but that would have to be pre-hopped and bittered, and you'd ideally want a range of bitterness to suit different styles, which wouldn't be economic to produce.

You could always do it yourself: get a generic kit in the style you like, then buy some hops in that style e.g. dry hop English bitters with Fuggles, Challenger, Goldings, Target etc. 20-30g is a good place to start.

In fact Coopers have a lot of recipe suggestions on their website, some are as simple as a dry hop, others have a small grain steep (which can be done in a small saucepan, no need to mash)
https://uk.diybeer.com/brewing-info/recipes

I’ve brewed the James Blonde Ale from the Bruphoria range from the Homebrew Company. I have not had the pleasure of sampling it yet. It is conditioning away in my Garage. I’ll be trying it in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 31B0C347-1BBC-4DAF-A788-374E6BC4004B.jpeg
    31B0C347-1BBC-4DAF-A788-374E6BC4004B.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DCFBC5A3-6441-456D-938E-A903051C670F.jpeg
    DCFBC5A3-6441-456D-938E-A903051C670F.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 86
I’ve brewed the James Blonde Ale from the Bruphoria range from the Homebrew Company. I have not had the pleasure of sampling it yet. It is conditioning away in my Garage. I’ll be trying it in a couple of weeks.

I was looking at that one a while back. Be really interested to know how it turns out!

I was looking at that one a while back. Be really interested to know how it turns out!
I’ll write up a review on it. I looked previously and could not see any reviews on this kit. I like a Blonde Ale. Looking forward to it. I’ll leave it for another couple of weeks to condition.
I’ll have 5 kits then. Looking forward to BBQ season.

Back