Returned to Brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peapodmaster

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers! :thumb:

It's been almost a year since i started my last brew, i have not had the time or money (College Lad :cheers: ) to afford it.

a week ago i bought some ingredients and things and am now making 5 litres of turbo cider which i am going to perfect and experiment with - if anyone knows a recipe which is similar to Brothers ginger Cider but not as spicy as crabbies (I'm not keen on lots of spice) can they please drop me a link/recipe.

I'm also picket up a kit which makes 5 gallons of Raspberry Merlot. I'd like to see how this turns out as i like fruit ciders and general fruity drinks but I'm not so keen on wine.

If anyone has any new and interesting recipes can they drop me some. anything is welcome but the main things i like are - light beer (any kits as I'm not a AG brewer ... yet), Cider of all types including strawberry, summer fruits and normal apple.

I'm also looking to make some higher alcohol drinks (Not through stilling, this is illegal :nono: ).. i attempted a 18% tropical spirit which turned out tasting rubbish nothing like tropical and had loads of lumps in it (YUCK). again, if anyone has any recipes or ideas.. all is welcome!

Cheers

Andy

Hi, welcome :)

Most brothers ciders can be emulated pretty accurately by buying coffee syrups corresponding to the flavouryou want - toffee, strawberry, lemon, ginger. Just brew a standard cider, then our the syrup into the glass. It's too complicated to bottle a sweet fizzy cider to be honest, and you get the flexibility of having flavoured and non flavoured cider all the time :)

I'll post up a recipe for a nice summer beverage soon. It's very cheap and great tropical flavour :)

Latest posts

Back