Returning Homebrewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Returning to home brewing after years away from it .
A friend has just got into biab brewing and after tasting his Saisons Ale i am smitten again but the unfortunate thing is no equipment left .
So here lurking and trying to decide what i need and what i want .

Welcome to the forum Stu, i have moved your introduction to the equipment discussion forum where it'll get a lot more views & answers. thumb.

A warm welcome Stu. The kits these days are pretty good - I came back after quite a long time away and found the new kits really quite impressive and they require v little equipment 😃
Anna

Thanks for the welcome
I was looking at the new systems which seem good but expensive . I am thinking i will wait until after xmas and see what comes up second hand as some folk may get new eqiupment for xmas presents

IMG_20200708_122743.jpg
Hi Stu i bought this in 2019 Klarsteinfullhorn £154-00 +20 for the bag, i have done quite a few brews in it without any problems it's easy to use and clean well worth the money, Klarstein do deals now and then and you can grab a bargain, welcome back and happy brewing acheers.

Thanks i had been looking at the Klarstein Maischfest at 179.00 for the 25lt but it jumps to 219 for the 30lt or 35lt .
Just wondering if a 25lt will be big enough fir 23lt brews as it includes the basket and chiller

Just wondering if a 25lt will be big enough fir 23lt brews as it includes the basket and chiller
The biggest regret with my Klarstein setup is not going for a larger kettle. For one thing, you can only really get about 6 kg of grain in the basket of the 25 L so higher gravity brews can only be done in smaller batches than 23 L. Though maybe that isn't such a bad thing...

I have now decided to either buy the Klarstein Maischfest 35 lt £209 for the 5 piece kit or the Digiboil 35lt from BrewkegTap with the accessories £190 and buy a seperate wort chiller .
Would love anyones thoughts on both

I have now decided to either buy the Klarstein Maischfest 35 lt £209 for the 5 piece kit or the Digiboil 35lt from BrewkegTap with the accessories £190 and buy a seperate wort chiller .
Would love anyones thoughts on both

I have the 35l Maishfest and i am very pleased with it ,great looking bit of kit, apart from the connectors for your wort chiller ,and a mash paddle you are good to go.

The Digiboil looks to have a single power setting at 2.4 kW whereas the Klarstein has 3 and 1.5 kW. The former power gets the temperature up quickly, the latter is good to maintain a good rolling boil and apply a bit of heat to maintain mash temperature if it drops too low. On the other hand, the wort chillers supplied with the Klarsteins aren't very good, you'll almost certainly replace it.

Latest posts

Back