Ribena wine... what yeast to use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou, probably 300 litres all together i reckon, most stored in 25 litre drums at my dads maturing I'm hoping to acquire an alcohol licence soon and open my own little shop as a way of income, but many recipes to perfect first!

Wow thats a lot of wine! If you open a shop you'll need to let us all know so we can visit..

I have to admit the Lemon and Lavender sounds really nice...

Wow thats a lot of wine! If you open a shop you'll need to let us all know so we can visit..

OI have to admit the Lemon and Lavender sounds really nice...
12 lemons zest and juice only
1 kilo sugar boil zest and juice in 4.5 litre water, once boiling rapidly for a few minutes add sugar and 50-100 gram dried lavender depending on how heavy you'd like the taste as towards the 100 gram mark it gets a little cleaning product essence to it haha but all depends on your pallete once added turn off let sit until 30 degrees C strain and into DJ with normal yeast you use nutrient etc no tannin needed really comes out like an alcoholic homemade flat lemonade with a flowery aroma, let it go dry then I ASSURE YOU, even if you like dry wine you will want to backsweeten heavily, it is most definitely meant to be a sweet wine it loses most characteristics when dry lemon and lavender both need sweetness for their flavour

12 lemons zest and juice only
1 kilo sugar boil zest and juice in 4.5 litre water, once boiling rapidly for a few minutes add sugar and 50-100 gram dried lavender depending on how heavy you'd like the taste as towards the 100 gram mark it gets a little cleaning product essence to it haha but all depends on your pallete once added turn off let sit until 30 degrees C strain and into DJ with normal yeast you use nutrient etc no tannin needed really comes out like an alcoholic homemade flat lemonade with a flowery aroma, let it go dry then I ASSURE YOU, even if you like dry wine you will want to backsweeten heavily, it is most definitely meant to be a sweet wine it loses most characteristics when dry lemon and lavender both need sweetness for their flavour

Thanks for the recipe Brando👍👍. I now regret digging out an old lavender hedge at the start of the year to make way for new privet hedging..

I’ll be giving it a bash after this apple and cranberry with strawberry supermarket wine effort….

Thanks for the recipe Brando👍👍. I now regret digging out an old lavender hedge at the start of the year to make way for new privet hedging..

I’ll be giving it a bash after this apple and cranberry with strawberry supermarket wine effort….
Youre Welcome, sounds nice. Good luck, shop juice wines always feel to me like I haven't earned it, but hey ho who doesn't love a little short cut haha

The must tasted nice enough at the start.. we’ll see what it tastes like in a few months when it’s bottled. I’ll check it in a few days as activity is starting to really slow down now. Hoping to get ABV about 12/13%

And there’s me thinking a short cut is just going to buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket 😂

I’m still at that stage where most brews are from kits although did make my own wine from my own grapes that I had grew.., so not really a short cut considering it took a 6-7 years to get to a crop of grapes!

hope that makes some sense…. A considerable amount of gin has been consumed haha.

The must tasted nice enough at the start.. we’ll see what it tastes like in a few months when it’s bottled. I’ll check it in a few days as activity is starting to really slow down now. Hoping to get ABV about 12/13%

And there’s me thinking a short cut is just going to buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket 😂

I’m still at that stage where most brews are from kits although did make my own wine from my own grapes that I had grew.., so not really a short cut considering it took a 6-7 years to get to a crop of grapes!

hope that makes some sense…. A considerable amount of gin has been consumed haha.
Ah the old gin ay, supermarket wine tho🤢🤮unless u pay a fortune is just good for cooking IMO

I’ll suffer tomorrow/today… the taliskar has been opened haha. To be fair there’s some half decent wines out there. Tesco do a Tesco's finest Cotes De Gascogne, in my opinion it’s better than Calvert’s. But I guess wine and palates are different and what suits some is different for others. I suppose that’s why we all got into home brew to find something that’s better or well suited to the palate of the individual.

I’ll suffer tomorrow/today… the taliskar has been opened haha. To be fair there’s some half decent wines out there. Tesco do a Tesco's finest Cotes De Gascogne, in my opinion it’s better than Calvert’s. But I guess wine and palates are different and what suits some is different for others. I suppose that’s why we all got into home brew to find something that’s better or well suited to the palate of the individual.
Definitely

Latest posts

Back