Richie’s Simply Ginger Beer Kit advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaan

Reaction score
Hi all
I’ve just been given a packet of Simply Ginger Beer to make by the Mrs for the Mrs..
I’ve read some reviews that say it’s very weak as it comes and wondered if anyone on here had experience/advice on what I need to do to tweak it in order to make it taste stronger.
I was thinking along the lines of adding fresh ginger and or concentrates from Brew2Bottle website.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Hi Jcaan,
I’m just starting this one off, also for the Mrs!

How did yours turn out and did you add anything? I’m thinking of letting it ferment and then draw off a sample to taste before bottling. If not strong enough I have in mind grating fresh ginger and squeezing the pulp to get the juice. Then maybe bring briefly to a boil to sterilise and add in.

Im nearly 24 hours in after pitching yeast at 20c and no sign of activity yet. Did yours start slowly and did it finish in around 8 days as predicted in the instructions? There doesn’t seem to be much yeast, given that the small pack includes a sweetener!

Edit - after smelling fermentation aroma I discovered a leak in the fermentor lid!

Last edited:
I made that one a while ago and was not very impressed. The ginger taste seemed very artificial compared with the Cooper's version which was fantastic.

Thanks Ron, I had read that the ginger flavour was weak. It may not improve matters but I will tip a fair amount of ginger juice in there.
And next time I’ll buy the Coopers

Back