Rights and wrongs of the gig economy deliveroo etc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays young people are being exploited simple as that.

They have no memory of unions,final salary pensions,permanant work,jobs for life, ect ect.

They are forced to do almost anything to get off the dreaded universal credit.

Only the lucky few can get a proper carear with prospects these days
Normally in the "public" sector.

Looking at it from another angle, employers have rights too, I have employed young people and the majority I wouldn't have paid them in 1/2" washers. One I desperately wanted to keep wanted to go into nursing, no matter what I tried he eventually went into nursing. I kept in touch and he became the head of his department.
If someone wants to get ahead, they will do it, nothing comes to you, you have to go out and get it.

There is an interesting page on the BBC site today regarding ex Thomas Cook employees.
And the problems they are now having with U.C.

Well worth a look.!!

Agree with Foxy...Mrs Clint employs people...it's difficult to find reliable staff. She used to do the "work experience" thing in her business and although she did manage to recruit a couple of really good people she got the impression that a lot of college goers were doing it instead of working and had no intention of looking for work just another course to go on. A lot were only interested in break time and home time and some never turned up at all. It may sound harsh but it's from experience.

Back