RIP Peter Green

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sorry to read about that.

If you only know Fleetwood Mac from the Stevie Nicks era, listen to some of their old stuff. Some great tracks and an amazing guitarist. We've lost a legend today.

I was sorry to read about that.

If you only know Fleetwood Mac from the Stevie Nicks era, listen to some of their old stuff. Some great tracks and an amazing guitarist. We've lost a legend today.
Absolutley!!
Peter Green and the Original Fleetwood Mac....Alone with the blues.

My all time hero. Considering his general health this is a day I have been dreading for a long time. Rolling stone magazine made him 58th greatest guitarist of all time, what boll*cks, got to be in the top 5. May not have been the fastest but no other white man could sing and play the blues like Greeny.
Need your love so bad has been my favorite song of all time from when I first heard it and started me on a lifelong love affair with the blues. Rest in peace the green god and I hope your troubled soul finds the peace it deserves I will raise a whisky in your honour tonight.

Personal fav A fool no more, agree should be in top 5 of all time.A little bit like david gilmour should be top 5 imo, but hardly ever mentioned.

The pious bird of good omen has departed.
Probably my earliest musical memories.
Many thanks

Albatross was good but this is how to play the guitar with simplicity.

Saw him with John Mayall, and also with Fleetwood Mac, last time I saw him was with his band Slider, it was great to see him, but he was not the same artist RIP

My all time hero. Considering his general health this is a day I have been dreading for a long time. Rolling stone magazine made him 58th greatest guitarist of all time, what boll*cks, got to be in the top 5.
Indeed, there are probably 50 guitarists that deserve to be in the top 5 though. But the whole concept of top lists is bollox anyway, same as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
RIP Peter Green, fantastic guitarists and one of the best British Blues Guitarists ever.

I concur with all the above. A sublime blues genius, with beautiful feel. Saw him later in his life, and wasn't all there, but, by God could he still make his guitar (and half the audience) cry... Bye bye Peter Blue....

Back