Ritchies Premium Lager Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cononthebarber

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first ever homebrew but have high hopes for it!

This was bought as part of the beginners brew kit i bought from an online brew shop...followed all the instructions carefully and left it to ferment in my living room for ten days - (average temp during day and evening 21c and at night 14c approx).

Bottled the lot into 1 litre plastic bottles with 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar in each bottle...these have now been in a cardboard box in my living room for 8 days...had a small taster 2 days ago and it tastes quite nice with good bubbles but not very clear in the glass, tastes quite yeasty and not very crisp...im going to move them into the shed for the next 2 weeks and will get back to you then with more info and full tasting notes :)

Right so its now been three weeks in the bottle and tastes pretty great! Lots of bubbles and keeps its head for a good amount of time, tastes very crisp and with a taste not disimilar to Heineken. I would definately make this again although next time might try it with half and half suger and malt maybe?

smallritchies-4.3.12.JPG

That looks great, hope it tastes as it looks! I've just put a Edme German Larger in the FV and used 50:50 sugar and light spray malt. Presumably your kit is a ale yeast like the Edme kit, nice to see you got a result at room temp. I'm not up for the hassle of full largering. Nicely done, good to see some pics. T

Brewed this up with 1kg ritchies brew enhancer. Sg1.042 and fg 1.008 so around 4.2%, bottled 41 bottles 2 weeks ago, batch primed with 135gms of table sugar. Cracked first one tonite, very light and fizzy lager like beer. A bit green needs a bit more conditioning, out to the cold shed come the weekend. This one is going to be dangerous very easy to drink, i thought ritchies simply pale was easy but this is even easier, may need to hide this one from myself.

Latest posts

Back