Robobrew 3.1.1 not impressed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought Robobrew 3.1.1 and landed at the start of June but been so busy today is the first day to try it out. Filled with water and turn on the pump to check for leaks etc,,,, bone dry and pump squealing..
Emptied and removed base cover to find the hose completely twisted. I'm assuming this is not standard practice and if it there should be a damn big note inside it to tell you. Shabby bloody workmanship and this didn't happen whilst shipping.
IMG_20200729_164806.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is a specific silicone elbow that is meant to run from the pump. That looks like someone has just bodged a bit of silicone tubing. I've just bought a Robobrew that I've not used yet so you're making me nervous :oops:

EDIT: see here

I'm pretty sure there is a specific silicone elbow that is meant to run from the pump. That looks like someone has just bodged a bit of silicone tubing. I've just bought a Robobrew that I've not used yet so you're making me nervous :oops:

The elbow is there and it's sorted and pump is working.
IMG_20200729_170356.jpg
15960397699385178621392299848801.jpg

I've seen this a couple of times when researching whether to get a robobrew, not good is it! Fingers crossed it gets better for you from now on. I've done 4 brews on mine, and not had any issues at all
👍

Good shout for the elbow and will be good for a spare. 👍

That looks very much like someone has assembled the piping, and then spun up the port in the base to tighten it, twisting the silicone in the process.
That was the kind of typical mistake I used to see in the motor trade years back, when an untrained lad was let loose to do a job without supervision.
It doesn't mean that all the components aren't good, just someone has got it wrong. I would send those pics direct to Robobrew if you can find an address. They should be very interested in finding out how many might have suffered that, and who was assembling them.

That looks very much like someone has assembled the piping, and then spun up the port in the base to tighten it, twisting the silicone in the process.
That was the kind of typical mistake I used to see in the motor trade years back, when an untrained lad was let loose to do a job without supervision.
It doesn't mean that all the components aren't good, just someone has got it wrong. I would send those pics direct to Robobrew if you can find an address. They should be very interested in finding out how many might have suffered that, and who was assembling them.
I knew exactly what had happened the minute I opened the base and the ironic thing is you can physically turn the nut on the inside base with your finger and being a spark have been across similar situations with cable.
Have posted them to BKT whom I bought it from and have asked that be forwarded to the supplier.

I bought mine at the same time as you: have done 4 brews with it, all has gone well.
Hope yours is just a rogue one
I'm sure it is and it's fine now and just tested 25l to 90° which took 1hr 20 on both elements. So it heats, pumps and drains and ready for its maiden brew this week. 👍

I'm sure it is and it's fine now and just tested 25l to 90° which took 1hr 20 on both elements. So it heats, pumps and drains and ready for its maiden brew this week. 👍
that seems like a long time? granted I have never gone from 20 to 90 before. usually to 65-70 and that takes about 20 min then the same to boil.

I love my robobrew, must have done 15 plus brews on it now. I'm still refining the process ....

Wasn't your base full of fibre insulation? Mine is, presumably to prevent heat loss straight down.

Latest posts

Back