Robobrew cooling problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerbrews

Regular.
Reaction score
I have been using my Robobrew successfully since June last year.
To cool I have the wort chiller, which I attached with an adapter to my kitchen tap. However the tap needed to be replaced,
and when choosing the new one I failed to take into account the attaching of the cooling hoses. It's a mixer type which it's
impossible to find an adapter for. Therefore I am unable to use the wort chiller.
Any ideas?
At present I'm back to my old BIAB methodasad.

Have you got an outside tap you can use with a hose fitting? Otherwise have you looked at the adapters you can screw round the tap?

Afraid no outside tap. The new tap is one of these weird ones that give a spray as well as a steady stream of water.
I've been unable to find an adapter

You could modify the copper pipe underneath the sink to include a T piece and a valve that you could attach to, but that's a fair bit of work

Can u post pic of the tap u never know some one might have the answer

Here's the tap.
Any help appreciated
16183921818888145202962269134788.jpg

I have a similar problem and solve it by unscrewing the head and jamming in a piece of silicon tubing. It goes into the pipe about 2 inches and just sticks there even under pressure. I leave it on the whole brew day and can use hot and cold water through it. You might get lucky if you search for appropriate sized silicon tubing.

It’s worth trying the hozelock store on Amazon. I think the spray head female thread may attach to this:

Hozelock Kitchen Tap Connector with a 24mm male head - Yellow

Back