robobrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about it, but since I’m going to no-chill I decided against it. It’s for sale from BKT regularly for £19 I think, so I decided if I fancied it at a later date it wouldn’t break the bank to pick it up later.
No need for a whirlpool arm to chill wort.

Maybe a little early to assume you'll not be chilling wort. Try it, I'm sure you'll prefer the results 🙂

No need for a whirlpool arm to chill wort.

Maybe a little early to assume you'll not be chilling wort. Try it, I'm sure you'll prefer the results 🙂

Ah true - but as I’m leaving the wort in the cubes I won’t need a whirlpool step.

I liked chilling wort in the Grainfather, but didn’t find any noticeable difference in the beers I made with no-chilling (once the recipe has been tinkered with), and enjoyed the speed it gave to my brew day, as well as the ability to keep some wort in reserve if I needed more beer without having to necessarily mash again.

The reason I went with BKT is that they offer free postage, and the option of purchasing a stainless steel mash paddle for £15 if you want.
Personally I’d prefer to have a wooden one, so I thought free postage was the better deal but they work out to be the same price either way if you buy the paddle from BKT, or cheaper if you want a different/alternate paddle.

The only reason I fancied a wooden paddle is so I could get one a bit longer, as I find the SS ones a bit of a faff to stir with...

If you’re also after the whirlpool arm it’s reduced to £15 at BKT if you want it.

Well I've taken the plunge and joined you in ordering from BKT! Look forward to it being delivered in a month or two! Then the fun can begin!

Rick

I believe the Robobrew is pretty much the same unit (rebadged but perhaps very slight difference in features) as the Brewdevil, Hopcat, Beer Torrent, Klarstein and Brewmonk.

I have a Brew Devil, which is the one “branded” by Angel Homebrew. They were selling off a batch of stock just after Christmas and we’re also offering an extra 5% off all stock for a few days - that’s when I got mine because it was a superb deal (£280 IIRC when it’s usually £360 full price). I hadn’t seen the unit any cheaper at the time.
Actually no, the Robobrew or Brewzilla as it is now known is not the same as these other systems.

Back