robobrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfieldbeer

Reaction score
Been watching videos all morning on the robobrew and iv'e decided that it's going to be my next purchase. can anyone recommend the best/cheapest place to get one from?
thanks in advance

I believe the Robobrew is pretty much the same unit (rebadged but perhaps very slight difference in features) as the Brewdevil, Hopcat, Beer Torrent, Klarstein and Brewmonk.

I have a Brew Devil, which is the one “branded” by Angel Homebrew. They were selling off a batch of stock just after Christmas and we’re also offering an extra 5% off all stock for a few days - that’s when I got mine because it was a superb deal (£280 IIRC when it’s usually £360 full price). I hadn’t seen the unit any cheaper at the time.

I got mine from BeerTorrent. Their after sales service is fantastic and it’s where I get all my ingredients from as well.

The machine has never let me down and I’ve been brewing consistently with it for over 2 years now.

I got my Robobrew from Brewkegtap think they
are based in the southwest. Very good customer service, recently purchased keg kit and fermzilla all rounder from them also. Both times delivery sent out with no issues, order well packaged and good communication. Both occasions I have emailed questions before buying and they always have responded quickly and have been helpful.athumb.. That has been my experience anyway.

I also just placed an order with BrewKegTap last night for a 35L unit. They’re currently offering a package deal including the BrewZilla, neoprene jacket, hop spider and IC connections for £320. I think the typical price for the unit on its own is £360 as MickDundee mentioned, so I jumped on it!

I pre ordered one from angel homebrew a couple of hours ago. It was the same package deal as yours and they also chuck in a free stainless mash paddle.
£320 plus postage of around 15 quid

I got my Robobrew from Brewkegtap think they
are based in the southwest. Very good customer service, recently purchased keg kit and fermzilla all rounder from them also. Both times delivery sent out with no issues, order well packaged and good communication. Both occasions I have emailed questions before buying and they always have responded quickly and have been helpful.athumb.. That has been my experience anyway.

I used brewkegtap too, excellent service.

I can't see the all rounder fermenter on their website? I haven't been able to find a UK supplier of it yet.

+1 for brewkegtap and also a shameless plug for a YouTube vid I made recently featuring the robobrew!

sick...

thanks for the video. can't wait to have my first go at grain brewing. 1 question if i may, why couldn't the pellets go in the bag without using a knot to separate them?

Hi Oldfieldbeer - this is a good question - and no reason at all that they can't all be piled in together. The only reason I tend to knot mine is just in case the bag falls in then you don't lose all the hops to the bottom of the robobrew (and then have to deal with stuck pumps, etc.)!

thanks for the video. can't wait to have my first go at grain brewing. 1 question if i may, why couldn't the pellets go in the bag without using a knot to separate them?

Hi all, I am also looking to make to the move from extract to all grain and thinking about getting the robobrew, unless anyone can talk me out of it?

Looking online it looks like angelhomebrew and brewkegtap both are open for preorders to be delivered in May. Angelhomebrew includes a SS paddle which brewkegtap don't, but otherwise same deal. Are either as good as each other?

Thanks

Rick

Hi all, I am also looking to make to the move from extract to all grain and thinking about getting the robobrew, unless anyone can talk me out of it?

Looking online it looks like angelhomebrew and brewkegtap both are open for preorders to be delivered in May. Angelhomebrew includes a SS paddle which brewkegtap don't, but otherwise same deal. Are either as good as each other?

Thanks

Rick
I ordered mine from angel homebrew but only because of the free paddle

Thanks

Rick

The reason I went with BKT is that they offer free postage, and the option of purchasing a stainless steel mash paddle for £15 if you want.
Personally I’d prefer to have a wooden one, so I thought free postage was the better deal but they work out to be the same price either way if you buy the paddle from BKT, or cheaper if you want a different/alternate paddle.

The only reason I fancied a wooden paddle is so I could get one a bit longer, as I find the SS ones a bit of a faff to stir with...

If you’re also after the whirlpool arm it’s reduced to £15 at BKT if you want it.

Didn't realise bkt was free postage. I've already pre ordered from angel homebrew now but as you said session, they both work out the same if you count the paddle

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone used the whirlpool arm? Is it worth the extra money?
I thought about it, but since I’m going to no-chill I decided against it. It’s for sale from BKT regularly for £19 I think, so I decided if I fancied it at a later date it wouldn’t break the bank to pick it up later.

Back