Rodcx500 brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Reaction score
I thought it was about time i started one of these, so today i am brewing this Brewfather just waiting for the strike water, this is the false vienna as can be seen from the yeast but i enjoyed this last time i brewed it, the mash is on
1AB9676E-5CCB-49FC-B9B3-323D9A70356F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks good Rod.
What do you think of the Cross My Loof AG kits? I've started buying kits to save having left-over ingredients. Have you tried any other suppliers?
I have only tried cml, first one was the red ale kit it was fantastic, so i got the hebridean wildcat, amber 1864, and tribute salute, i am doing the amber tomorrow, like you i am toying with the idea for the same same reason, i have just ordered a load of grain from south Cheshire buying group so will be a while

Reaction score
were the other 8 points came from i don't know
I get this quite a lot... for me it tends to be because (a) the original recipe is for a larger quantity e.g. 23L; and/or (b) I usually get a better BH efficiency (about 84%) compared to published recipes which seem to assume about 75%.

I think the higher BH efficiency can come from recirculating the mash, and a more thorough / slower sparge...

Reaction score
I get this quite a lot... for me it tends to be because (a) the original recipe is for a larger quantity e.g. 23L; and/or (b) I usually get a better BH efficiency (about 84%) compared to published recipes which seem to assume about 75%.

I think the higher BH efficiency can come from recirculating the mash, and a more thorough / slower sparge...
Yes this kit starts at 30L 25,23, all the way to 10L, mine was 19L version