Rose Wine with bits in it

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I brewed a Rose wine kit a few mths ago Came out beautifully clear transferred it using muslin on the end pipe to transfer it to bottles being careful in getting no crap coming though it looked good. Packed away in boxes we then put a few in our fridge we have taken a few bottles out of the fridge and found out there bits floating about in the wine Can anybody tell me what can cause this. Is it bottling to early ? or putting in a cold fridge? on the bottling early Q we did check the hydrometer reading and it had finishing hydrometer reading that it should be and it looked very clear in the botle before we put it away I even shock the bottle to make sure there where no bits.but on some of the bottles now if i shake it it looks one of them snow balls you get at xmas So what is wrong

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
Yes I did some are quite clear others are not see photo this has just come out the fridge

Attachments

• 20180831_170211.jpg
    20180831_170211.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 70

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If it smells and tastes OK i would drink it but that's just me, i would stop using muslin when racking there really is no need for it and it is a risk (to your wine) you do not need to take.

Latest posts