Rose Wine with bits in it

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I brewed a Rose wine kit a few mths ago Came out beautifully clear transferred it using muslin on the end pipe to transfer it to bottles being careful in getting no **** coming though it looked good. Packed away in boxes we then put a few in our fridge we have taken a few bottles out of the fridge and found out there bits floating about in the wine Can anybody tell me what can cause this. Is it bottling to early ? or putting in a cold fridge? on the bottling early Q we did check the hydrometer reading and it had finishing hydrometer reading that it should be and it looked very clear in the botle before we put it away I even shock the bottle to make sure there where no bits.but on some of the bottles now if i shake it it looks one of them snow balls you get at xmas So what is wrong

Yes I did some are quite clear others are not see photo this has just come out the fridge

Attachments

• 20180831_170211.jpg
    20180831_170211.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 80
If it smells and tastes OK i would drink it but that's just me, i would stop using muslin when racking there really is no need for it and it is a risk (to your wine) you do not need to take.

Back