Ruining my beer - plaster taste

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what ratio of bleach: L of water do you use? Likewise what ratio of Metabisulphite : water do you use?
also how long do you ;et it soak in Metabisulphate ?
I put a couple of litres of water, enough to cover the tap nut and threads and then add a couple of good glugs of thin bleach. I don't bother measuring it as it's cheap as chips. I then put the lid on and swirl and invert and do this a few times. Next day pour and rinse and a litre of water with a scant half teaspoon of MBS and swirl. Neutralisation of the chlorine is immediate, but I store the fermenter with the solution to keep it sweet.
Before the bleach, go over the tap threads and inside the tap with an old toothbrush. Let clean water run through the tap to get any gunk out.

Last edited:
I put a couple of litres of water, enough to cover the tap nut and threads and then add as couple of good glue if thin bleach. I don't bother measuring it as it's cheap as chips. I then put the lid on and swirl and invert and do this a few times. Next day pour and rinse and a litre of water with a scant half teaspoon of MBS and swirl. Neutralisation of the chlorine is immediate, but I store the fermenter with the solution to keep it sweet.
Before the bleach, go over the tap threads and inside the tap with an old toothbrush. Let clean water run through the tap to get any gunk out.
Thats just what I needed thanks

Latest posts

Back