Russian Imperial Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well obviously the yeast will lap up all that sugar to begin with but they'll hit a wall hard.
I was flicking through the brewdog recipe archive and if your SG is to be believed theres nothing even close to that SG. I think the highest I saw was around 1.156 and FG of 1.030 using wyeast 1272.

Well, I can only go by what my hydrometer was telling me. Should I hit a wall... Is it worth getting some more yeast? Do it in stages?

The lid on the FV is still swelling every few hours. Can I presume the yeast is still slowly doing its job?

I haven't tried it. I'm just leaving it, it's got another week or maybe 2, I haven't decided. I seriously doubt it's 23% as I'm not confident my OG reading was correct, even if that's what it said on the Hydrometer. I mean, a 23+% Impy surely can't be right.

I haven't tried it. I'm just leaving it, it's got another week or maybe 2, I haven't decided. I seriously doubt it's 23% as I'm not confident my OG reading was correct, even if that's what it said on the Hydrometer. I mean, a 23+% Impy surely can't be right.

That's impressive patience, I can never resist having a swig of the hydrometer sample :beer1:

If you're not sure on the OG you'll have to resort to the "drink 3 pints and see what happens" approach to ABV estimation :laugh8:

Back