S30 Brewgas to Schrader valve adapter anybody

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffers brewery

Complicated Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just lost patience with the HB valve fitted to the cap of my King Kegs. I had leaks from the “pressure relief valve”, aka rubber band, in the past so replaced with a proper valve. Now, half way through a barrel I’ve lost pressure and traced it to the no—return valve, aka another rubber band, under the cap. Yes, it was fitted with a cable tie to stop it flying off. So now I’m thinking of doing away with the HB valve except for the end that attaches to the S30 Brewgas cylinder. I plan to make an adapter to connect the S30 to the Schrader valve I use for leak testing. I have an idea in mind but wondered if anybody on here has done this. I don’t want to go to the expense of a large cylinder and regulator etc. just now. Maybe later.

Feel your pain on the knicker elastic relief valve, it is unreliable to say the least. My one was "blowing off " at around 3.5 psi on test.. I finished up putting three silicon hair bands the ladies use, you know the little coloured ones! double wrapped over it. . . That cured the problem now goes off reliably around 14 psi. I have a brew on at moment and no leaks or complaints, pulled off a few pints and all good.
I have bought the 12gm screw in bulbs, Co2 adapter for the schrader valve, and the capsules. Not used them yet, be interesting to see how it performs versus the 8gm bulbs. I have some interesting stuff ordered on Aliexpress, and hope to finally make my keg weapon grade ... Will keep you posted. :)

Having spent +£50 on 2 Brewgas cylinders I’m loathed to change to the bicycle tyre inflation gizmo. Like you, I have been waging war on my King Kegs to get them to a place where I can stop worrying about leaks! aheadbutt

Affirmative, you are ahead of me in having the Brewgas cylinders. That should be one of my future moves too.

So latest gadget from the Buffers brewery stable. My King Kegs are now “rubber band free”. I’ve replaced the pressure relief valve with a proper valve and now use a Schrader valve for leak testing with air and injecting CO2 from S30 cylinder. Produced this gadget from the top half of the HB fitting soldered to a 1/8 bsp nipple (£2.00), a one way pneumatic check valve (£4.72), a 1/8 bsp 5mm barbed connector (£3.90) and a replacement footpump hose from Halfords (£3.99).
7686A70F-BF23-4BB5-9F80-54D22EDB2025.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back