Sabco Brew Magic

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSpotters

Reaction score
Hi...my name is Leon I'm in the #BeerSpottersCrew Our Brew magic brew kit isn't called that for nothing,it's 'feckin Magic for a good reason,it let's you brew small batch brews,that can be repeated cause it has a computer on board that remembers the brew...

We brewed a 10 gallon Honey Beer ' on the Sabco,using live wild honey from Wales.that was the first brew we ever did on the Sabco,it was that well received in Manchester, We then got an order to fulfill a top venue/venues in Manchester,and a few other cities in Blighty.

We took it to a contract brewer (lovely set up there and a cracking fella)We decided to brew a 10 bbl Brew,using 24 kilo of our live honey at the end of the boil, the brewer who brewed it has been brewing for 10 years what a lovely lad,he put the honey in at the end of boil,and said wow! Can you smell that?" I thought OH !

I better ask him if he has ever used live honey before ? (we was looking for a ABV of 5%) he answered,Well NO !
Brewers only use honey flavourings NOT LIVE HONEY ! So ABV jumps to 7.5% brewer then had to liqueur back to get required 5% ABV also the beer went through a filtration system...So we lost 25% taste of the honey on the liquer-ing back & also on the filtration of the beer.

BeerSpotters Didn't put it's name to it...but what a beautiful lesson learnt.

Forget the 10bbl brews,just for now #BeerSpotters will Develop the honey recipe on the #SabcoBrewMagic 115 litres a day,200 and odd pints 5days a week of Bezs Honey beer from our own Bees.

We are making hives daily in Herefordshire ( KentChurch ) #GodSaveTheBee

We will develop the recipe on the Sabco Brew Magic, but beerspotters will then be looking to brew 20bbl 40bbl craftily using live honey.

So what I'm asking for is help on how you could/would use live honey 50 kilo in a 40bbl brew so it doesn't have to be diluted or filtrated...after we perfect the #BeerSpottersBezsHoneyBeer recipe we then want to concentrate on our Smart Beer Recipes" Tonics etc.

Nice to be on the forum and I'm interested in any constructive Counsel.

Latest posts

Back