Sabro, Flex & Incognito.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a very interesting Brew day this Monday.

Anybody used any of above 3?

I have put the Malt Miller recipe into Brew farther, it might help someone.

https://share.brewfather.app/X6oJZWbbEPxh12

Description
A celebration of the arrival of Sabro, this hoppy APA has slight bitterness and the great aroma of mango, citrus and coconut hop flavours, and soft mouthfeel.

To fully achieve the mouthfeel and protect the hop oils from oxygenation we would recommend some knowledge and understanding of how to treat your water and reduce oxygen contact is gained before you attempt this recipe. A target ph of 5.2 is what you should be aiming to achieve as per this style of beer.

Ingredients Included
Crisp Pale Ale Malt (4600 grams)
Crisp Vienna Malt (300 grams)
Dingemans Aromatic Malt (100 grams)
SIMPSONS MALT GOLDEN NAKED OATS® (2500 grams)
Oat Husks (600 grams)
Sabro T90 Pellets (100 grams)
OMEGA Yeast – OYL-200 – Tropical IPA. (1 packs)

1 x Sabro Incognito 15g

1 x Flex Bittering Extract – 15ml

Method
Beer Style (main): American Ales
Beer Style (sub): Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale
Batch Size: 23ltr
Original Gravity: 1073
Final Gravity: 1012
ABV %: 7.2
IBU: 20

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 66
Length (mins): 90
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

THE BOIL
Boil time (mins): 90

Additions and timing:

At 60 minutes add flex to create desired bitterness – we used 2g for roughly 20 IBU, feel free to adjust

Secondary additions and timing:

No boil additions other than Flex

After boil cool to 80c and whirlpool with incognito (15g Sabro Incognito included) for 20minutes. Verdant used 1.25g per L in Bene Collect

Day 3 – First Dry Hop 20g of Sabro T90
FG achieved/Cold crash – 80g of Sabro T90 for 2 days

Yeast: Omega OYL-200 – Tropical IPA
Fermentation temperature/steps: 18c until 3 points from FG, then raise to 22c and hold for 2 days. Cold crash for 2 days.

Comments:

A celebration of the arrival of Sabro, this hoppy APA has slight bitterness and the great aroma of mango and coconut hop flavours, and soft mouthfeel.

Flex is a flowable bittering hop agent that delivers roughly 10 IBU per 1g added at 60 minutes on 23L batch. We recommend adding 2g to this recipe, but the decision is yours.

Ingconito is a pure hop addition for use in whirlpool, reducing losses from absorption and delivering consistent hop flavour. Verdant used 1.2g per L in their Bene Collect beer.

Based on our experimental beer that we produced for showcasing at BrewCon 2019 to highlight the use of these new products that are in use by some of the leading craft brewers around the world.

To fully achieve the mouthfeel and protect the hop oils from oxygenation we would recommend some knowledge and understanding of how to treat your water and reduce oxygen contact is gained before you attempt this recipe. A target ph of 5.2 is what you should be aiming to achieve as per this style of beer.

I've been keeping an eye on these products. I'll watch this thread with great interest. These products have the potential to completely change how commercial breweries use hops.

I can cut the costs considerably too, by subbing a few bits with my normal grain. The malt miller know how to charge.

This is going to be a very interesting Brew day this Monday.

Anybody used any of above 3?

I have put the Malt Miller recipe into Brew farther, it might help someone.

https://share.brewfather.app/X6oJZWbbEPxh12

Description
A celebration of the arrival of Sabro, this hoppy APA has slight bitterness and the great aroma of mango, citrus and coconut hop flavours, and soft mouthfeel.

Ingredients Included
Crisp Pale Ale Malt (4600 grams)
Crisp Vienna Malt (300 grams)
Dingemans Aromatic Malt (100 grams)
SIMPSONS MALT GOLDEN NAKED OATS® (2500 grams)
Oat Husks (600 grams)
Sabro T90 Pellets (100 grams)
OMEGA Yeast – OYL-200 – Tropical IPA. (1 packs)

1 x Sabro Incognito 15g

1 x Flex Bittering Extract – 15ml

Method
Beer Style (main): American Ales
Beer Style (sub): Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale
Batch Size: 23ltr
Original Gravity: 1073
Final Gravity: 1012
ABV %: 7.2
IBU: 20

THE MASH
Temperature °C: 66
Length (mins): 90
Out temp °C: 75
Out time (mins): 10

THE BOIL
Boil time (mins): 90

Additions and timing:

At 60 minutes add flex to create desired bitterness – we used 2g for roughly 20 IBU, feel free to adjust

Secondary additions and timing:

No boil additions other than Flex

After boil cool to 80c and whirlpool with incognito (15g Sabro Incognito included) for 20minutes. Verdant used 1.25g per L in Bene Collect

Day 3 – First Dry Hop 20g of Sabro T90
FG achieved/Cold crash – 80g of Sabro T90 for 2 days

Yeast: Omega OYL-200 – Tropical IPA
Fermentation temperature/steps: 18c until 3 points from FG, then raise to 22c and hold for 2 days. Cold crash for 2 days.

Comments:

A celebration of the arrival of Sabro, this hoppy APA has slight bitterness and the great aroma of mango and coconut hop flavours, and soft mouthfeel.

Flex is a flowable bittering hop agent that delivers roughly 10 IBU per 1g added at 60 minutes on 23L batch. We recommend adding 2g to this recipe, but the decision is yours.

Ingconito is a pure hop addition for use in whirlpool, reducing losses from absorption and delivering consistent hop flavour. Verdant used 1.2g per L in their Bene Collect beer.

Based on our experimental beer that we produced for showcasing at BrewCon 2019 to highlight the use of these new products that are in use by some of the leading craft brewers around the world.

I brewed this on sat. Did the first dry hop yesterday, should get the second dry hop in the next few days. Yeast is causing the airlock to make a noise like an old school tractor engine firing up, still going rapidly

How'd yours turn out? Hoping to have mine carbed and ready to serve by a week sat.

Well, pic attached.
Thankfully it doesn’t taste like it smelt, no Thai curry taste.
Great pineapple flavours but with an ever so slight and I mean slight,
hot alcohol taste. Good head retention a great cloudy NEIPA look.

Would I use these hops again? Yes, definitely.

Would I use incognito again? No, it sticks to the kettle like ***** to a blanket and even transfers over to the FV. Might make sense commercially but not on a HB scale.

However, the flex was fine but you may as well through in 10g of buttering hops instead.

I’m going to brew this again but with a much cheaper grain bill (in stock bulk bought Minch malts) and 100% pellets.

Attachments

• ED75BDD4-8899-4E0D-970E-7399B69051F9.jpeg
    ED75BDD4-8899-4E0D-970E-7399B69051F9.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 197
I brewed this on sat. Did the first dry hop yesterday, should get the second dry hop in the next few days. Yeast is causing the airlock to make a noise like an old school tractor engine firing up, still going rapidly

How'd yours turn out? Hoping to have mine carbed and ready to serve by a week sat.

see above, hows yours?

Get what you're saying about the incognito, sides of the kettle were covered!

Haven't tried it yet as it's only been on the gas 3 days, but looking forward going by the pineapple description.

Well mine ended up at 1 point away from the iSpindel but bang on the estimated FG @ 1.009.

4 glasses and I’m ******, so it’s good night from me.
But wow, what a beer this is. Would work great with a little citra behind it.

Ordered all the ingredients for the Malt Miller Sabro. Waiting for my new G30 to come in the post. If the Incognito is so bad to use, are there tips to using it or is there an alternative?

G

I just kegged a NEIPA last night I got some free ekuanot incognito from a HB event in Manchester malt Miller did. Smelled realy good but I did also dry hop with 200g of bbc Pellets so it should.
I also got some other freebies US provoak Pellets and 200g of amarrilo these sound really interesting barrel aged west coast dipa coming soon.

Some of there own whisky smoked malt. And a bag of oak chunks, these are soaking in some highland Park as I type. Oaky smokey impy coming soon.

And 200g of pacific jade. Single hop pale thing coming soon.
Big thanks to Rob from mm for all these, realy nice guy aswell.

Ordered all the ingredients for the Malt Miller Sabro. Waiting for my new G30 to come in the post. If the Incognito is so bad to use, are there tips to using it or is there an alternative?

G
I wouldn't say it's bad per se, it just means extra bit of elbow grease to clean the kettle inside walls. I ended up throwing away the sponge afterwards!

Try and avoid it getting on your hands too, it sticks and a solvent like isopropyl alcohol would probably be the best to remove it.
I just held the tub of it over the kettle during whirlpool and scraped it out with a butter knife.

just got water Alkalinity back from water co. its showing 275 mg/l and Ph 7- 7.5

when I put 275 in the Grainfather tool its too big a number??

This has turned out to be one of the best beers I’ve made after a week longer in the keg.
Deffo agree there! Had a couple too many last night and the flavour has gotten way better. Going to play some more with this hop in the future 😁

I think the yeast has a big part to play here, it’s the first one that hasn’t remotely started to drop. I used Lallemand NEIPA last week and dropped partly clear.

Some folks cannot get their beer to drop clear and I struggle to stop it...

Last edited:
Yeah my starter didn't even drop after 2 days in the fridge. The sabro is still hazy after about 2 weeks in the keg, not that I mind, taste matters more than clarity to me.

Hi Folks!

I'm really intrigued to write a recipe for some mosaic incognito that I ordered this week.

Quick question...would you say it adds any bitterness to the finished beer? I see the recipe above states 20ibu from the boil (I'll use bittering hops to target bitterness)

Could you make an educated guess for ibus 1.2g/l for 20mins at 80C would provide?

I don't suppose your finished pale ended up tasting around 20ibu?

Any thoughts or input would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Back