Sabro Hops

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Mrobson

Reaction score
Anyone brewed with these yet and if so what’s your thoughts?

Northern_Brewer

Regular.
Reaction score
You'll find a fair bit in the US forums, the main comment is on how potent it is, the suggestion is that it works best as say 20% of a hop bill as it dominates otherwise. Also seems to show different personalities depending on how you use it, but expect lots of pineapple fruit, cedarwood, coconut and a hint of vanilla.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Where are you buying them. I was reading up on them. CML don't seem to stock them.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Your right. Just checked again. They are expensive. 21 pounds for 225g pack

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
I used the Sabro in yesterday's brew - opened the pack at the same time as a pack of Citra BBC.
The Sabro certainly had a more intense aroma and was fruitier, brighter and less dank smelling than the citra.
Can't wait to try the beer now.

Mrobson

Reaction score
I did a double brew this weekend using 100g of Sabro along with a touch of Mosaic & Simcoe in each (same recipe for both brews)

Ones off into a pin and ones off in to a corny. Used a 50/50 blend of dried Aurland & Midtbust in both. Smells lovely and fruity from the airlocks!

Should go down a treat for Christmas Day and Boxing Day

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I used the Sabro in yesterday's brew - opened the pack at the same time as a pack of Citra BBC.
The Sabro certainly had a more intense aroma and was fruitier, brighter and less dank smelling than the citra.
Can't wait to try the beer now.
Let me know how this turns out

Brew_DD2

Mint Choc Chipster
Reaction score
Brewed a Hefeweizen (liked the idea of banana and coconut) with some a few weeks ago. Kegging this weekend.

Was really excited when I saw CML were getting them in. Very pricey though.

dave_77

Reaction score
Last night bottled a Sabro/cascade pale.. reminded me of Malibu...I'm hoping it mellows a little as felt it tasted sweet even finishing at 1.008

Jimthebrewer

Reaction score
Sabro is the daughter of HBC 472 (use that in your imp stouts if you ever find any). You’ll find grapefruit, pith, vanilla, cedar, pine in there. Stands up on its own but works best as a blend with similar US hops and Aussie varieties.

Bread by the Hop Breeding Company, a joint venture between YCH Hops and Barth Haas group.

Group Builder