Sabro Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll find a fair bit in the US forums, the main comment is on how potent it is, the suggestion is that it works best as say 20% of a hop bill as it dominates otherwise. Also seems to show different personalities depending on how you use it, but expect lots of pineapple fruit, cedarwood, coconut and a hint of vanilla.

I used the Sabro in yesterday's brew - opened the pack at the same time as a pack of Citra BBC.
The Sabro certainly had a more intense aroma and was fruitier, brighter and less dank smelling than the citra.
Can't wait to try the beer now.

I did a double brew this weekend using 100g of Sabro along with a touch of Mosaic & Simcoe in each (same recipe for both brews)

Ones off into a pin and ones off in to a corny. Used a 50/50 blend of dried Aurland & Midtbust in both. Smells lovely and fruity from the airlocks!

Should go down a treat for Christmas Day and Boxing Day

I used the Sabro in yesterday's brew - opened the pack at the same time as a pack of Citra BBC.
The Sabro certainly had a more intense aroma and was fruitier, brighter and less dank smelling than the citra.
Can't wait to try the beer now.
Let me know how this turns out

Brewed a Hefeweizen (liked the idea of banana and coconut) with some a few weeks ago. Kegging this weekend.

Was really excited when I saw CML were getting them in. Very pricey though.

Last night bottled a Sabro/cascade pale.. reminded me of Malibu...I'm hoping it mellows a little as felt it tasted sweet even finishing at 1.008

Sabro is the daughter of HBC 472 (use that in your imp stouts if you ever find any). You’ll find grapefruit, pith, vanilla, cedar, pine in there. Stands up on its own but works best as a blend with similar US hops and Aussie varieties.

Bread by the Hop Breeding Company, a joint venture between YCH Hops and Barth Haas group.

Back