Sabro recipe ideas please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to plan a mosaic Citra sabro blend for Wednesday's brew day - thanks for the heads up about Sabro. Will plan for 33%ish each for whirlpool and try 25% sabro dry hop

Last edited:
Any updates on this would be much appreciated - I won some Sabro (and Bru-1) in a raffle and want to use enough to taste it but not enough to get the undesirable notes people have talked about - I'm guessing 15% with one other big hop.

I tried 'Sabromance' from Overtone Brewery last week and I'm picking up their Citra, Mosaic and Sabro NEIPA today (if the bottle shop have any left) to see what they've done with it in that brew and how it works.

Super excited to try Bru-1 too but that's another thread!

I'm trying to plan a mosaic Citra sabro blend for Wednesday's brew day - thanks for the heads up about Sabro. Will plan for 33%ish each for whirlpool and try 25% sabro dry hop
Any chance of an update on how this blend went. Having just recently won some hops I'm looking for something that will let the Sabro shine? Thanks.

Anna

Ive done around5 brews with Sabro now.
I still stick with the 30% Sabro, it really does come through

Any chance of an update on how this blend went. Having just recently won some hops I'm looking for something that will let the Sabro shine? Thanks.

Anna

Hi, slightly steered away from the original plan on this one - went for Nelson Citra and Sabro. Also upped the Sabro dry hop (keg hop) to around 35% - this beer was very tasty. Used Vermont IPA yeast. Relatively not highly hopped but that Sabro does take over, it's a lovely hop. Cleaned out my serving Fermentasaurus just after finishing this beer this week, keg hops still smelt amazing.

Screenshot_20201017-202355.jpg

Latest posts

Back