Sabro.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve just dumped these in the whirlpool for a single hop NEIPA. My garage now smells like a Thai curry house. The coconut and lemon grass aroma is unreal.

Not too sure how a Thai curry pint is going to taste like though.

Not cheap then but if it gives a concentrated flavour and it works its not much dearer than 150g of most intense IPA hops

No idea what the like for like is compared to pellets apart from the cost.

I could compare it for ibu’s in my software but seeing I’m not using it for that purpose it won’t be that helpful. Maybe doing a batch with just pellets will be the only way.

yes unless you have used Sabro hops it is going to be hard to compare. I bought some of those oils you use as drops in beerhttps://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/pure-hop-aroma-oil-citra/ in 4 different flavours and was very disappointed with them the hop oils did not taste like the real hops at all in fact they tasted very similar and Citra was certainly not like Citra hops

yes unless you have used Sabro hops it is going to be hard to compare. I bought some of those oils you use as drops in beerhttps://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/pure-hop-aroma-oil-citra/ in 4 different flavours and was very disappointed with them the hop oils did not taste like the real hops at all in fact they tasted very similar and Citra was certainly not like Citra hops
Me too, I wouldn’t use it again , maybe it’s because I knew I used oils but it just tasted fake

Mine are still in the fridge and will be there for a long time maybe ok to use in a beer where you can mask the wrong hop choice just to make it possibly drinkable-hate throwing beer and yes it taste synthetic to me too

That description is hilarious and hideous. Maybe the 20% or less rule really is accurate for Sabro. You do need to follow up on this, they were planned for the next order.

I used 50g as a flameout addition for a Hefeweizen (not true to style). Also did a Pale Ale with 100g dry hop of Sabro. Plays nicely with other hops but worked well on its own too.

I used 50g as a flameout addition for a Hefeweizen (not true to style). Also did a Pale Ale with 100g dry hop of Sabro. Plays nicely with other hops but worked well on its own too.

Thanks, I tend to do a flameout addition and a dry hop. Any hops in particular it worked well with?

I do late additions only and flameouts don't work for me as I do no chill. My dry hops do not tend to lose that much flavour but I appreciate it does happen for some brewers, I would say the taste like any beer does change as it matures

I have sabro currently in with centennial and cashmere. I just ordered some Amarillo to try with it as well. What's everyone else using with it. I see cascade and Chinook. What's the verdict on sabro.

Back