Sad Times

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their shop has been mentioned in the forum many times and always with good reviews fingers crossed someone will buy it.

I used it a few times when I was back up north. It's the only physical HB shop I've ever been in, actually - it was very handy and they knew what they were talking about, sad to see it go.

Very sad to hear that, especially if the shop is going to close. I used to live in Lancaster, but a lot of my work was in Wales. It was a very regular event for me to pull off the motorway & top up with everything I needed. For the last 10 years I've pretty much had to rely on internet shopping (no HB shops on the Isle of Skye when I lived there, and nowhere within easy reach of the Galloway Forest Park), but I do miss the personal touch.

Yeah, I read that too. They have both been awesome over the years.
90% of my purchases over the years have been with them, due to their excellent support and advice.
They will be sorely missed.
I need to find an online source now.

They were open today, but had to queue for around an hour to get in as it was 2 at a time.
They will only be open on Saturday’s until around September time as they clear out all their stock.
We came out £250 quid lighter, and I bought more yeast than I know what to do with.
Will be sad to see them close as they have always been very helpful.

Always sad to see a proper HB shop closing.
Seems most people are shopping online these days...

Always sad to see a proper HB shop closing.
Seems most people are shopping online these days...
Agreed. I swung by Berkshire Homebrew recently to find it all boarded up - a very sorry sight. That was my go-to before my 2 year hiatus. Not sure how long it's been closed. The website is still online so it must have been within the last year I suspect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back