Saison...fast ferment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisD123

Reaction score
Hi so I brewed a saison based on GH recipe on 28/6 I used Mangrove Jacks M29...OG 1.056.
According to the recipe he recommends upping the temp on the 4th day to 28 degrees. I pitched at around 24 degrees then on the second day upped the temp to 26 with a plan to up it again after a couple of days.

Today I checked the gravity and was surprised to see its down to 1.000.....is this normal...it tastes fantastic....should I carry on and leave it and up the temp again....it seems a bit quick

Saison yeasts can get very hungry as they ferment low and in wamer conditions too.. I just did a saison and admitedly just pitched it and it went off at 26 and went up to 28 but t just flew.. not took a reading yet but I think its gonan be done as it was lethal

I brewed a Saison on the 26/6 (Youngs NWS) and brewed it to 21 Litres @ 27°C (instructions said between 25° - 32°), OG 1.072. I checked it yesterday as there was no airlock activity and it's down to 1.010, went to check it this morning and the airlock is going crazy so will leave it a couple more days before adding the dry hop.

yeah mine went off like a rocket,, still bubbling now although perhaps down to 2 or 3 a minute....

Yes, the MJ29 ferments fast, deep and drops very clear.

Edit: almost all of my MJ29 fermented beers have a FG of 1.000. Only once it was higher, and that was with LME or DME.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back