Salcombe Devon Amber

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Down in Devon at the moment and happened upon Salcombe Devon Amber, a fantastic ale that to me seemed 100% British hops like Fuggle, although I'm no expert. So I was surprised when I looked on their website and saw they used Bramling Cross and Cascade. I brew a lot with Cascade, even grow my own, and certainly didn't detect any of the distinctive Cascade flavour in there. So do you reckon they used it for bittering, with BX as a late hop? Tempted to have a go at this one, punched well above it's weight for a 3.8% beer, quite bitter too which I like Devon Amber - Salcombe Brewery

I'm currently just round the headland in Hope Cove, may take a taxi to Salcombe and walk back if it cools down a bit the next few days. Pricey here now too, when we first started coming down 15 years ago prices were 10-20% higher than home, now a 3 bed 70s-style bungalow with a very public garden and a shared driveway (roughly worth £250-300k at home) has just gone on the market for £1.2million. Any dream of retiring down here has evaporated over the years.

Latest posts

Back