San Franscisco.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I won’t bore you in the detail I’m at the start of a impromptu 5 days in the bay area.

Got a visit to Alcatraz, a MBA game, a few pints at the hop granade (looking forward to that) and the 21st amendment. Going to drive across the golden gate and see the red wood forest.

Any other suggestions?

I could also bring home a few bits of equipment

Last edited:
Watched the 49'ers stuff the Raiders at about the same time as you were at Alcatraz.

Great game - unless you are a Raiders fan; in which case you would probably wish that they were in Alcatraz!

Enjoy the visit!

Chowder in a hollowed out crusty loaf at the fish market!
Yeah, get a cioppino at Cappuro's on the wharf. If that miserable barmaid is on who explains what tipping is to anyone that looks remotely touristy then give her the tip of your middle finger.

Well, not enough time like normal....

1. Train ride through the redwood forest. (Rented a F150 pick up).
2. Ferry over to Alcatraz for the tour
3. Clam chowder at the fishermans warf
4. Sea lions at Pier 39
5. Biked the golden gate bridge
6. Beer/food 21st amendment
7. Beer/food at Mikkeller
8. Beer/food at the Hop granade (saw Justin and sat in his chair in the studio)
9. Basket ball game, saw the Warriors beat the Grizzlies
10. Tour around the AT&T/Giants stadium.
11. Anchor brewery tour, plus the awesome tap house.

....awesome.

The city has some serious homelessness issues, was quite shocking. Concord was quite a contrast.

Thanks for the recommendations, I couldn't do all of them due to the travel time unfortunately.

Not been, but Russian River is supposed to be a fantastic brewery. I found one of their beers when I was in Philly and it was so good. My friend went to San Francisco, drank at their brewery and loved it.

EDIT: just read your last message, I see you're no longer actually in SF any more. Glad you had a good time!

I wanted to go to RR but it was too far via public transport and I couldn’t drive back obviously. The 21st had one of thier sours on tap though, it was awesome.

Glad you had a good time, I've just noticed the Anchor tour is no longer free asad1 When we visited some regulars who owned a vineyard(so not short of a bob or two) were complaining that the number of samples was a little low that day.

Latest posts

Back