Sanitizer and cleaning keg beer lines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byron

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve got a couple of questions.

Firstly, I’ve got the granulated type of no rinse sanitiser which you dissolve in warm water. Thing is whenever I finish sanitising there are granules left behind that haven’t dissolved which I end up having to rinse away (defeating the object of no-rinse). Does it matter if I leave these granules in my FV or keg and effectively in the beer. Alternatively, any suggestions for getting them all dissolve?

Secondly, how do you ensure that all traces of water are out of your beer line after cleaning. Just got a party tap assembly out of storage and there’s a little black mark of mould in it I’m guessing where there was some water left behind. Part two of this is whether that line is now dead or whether I can still clean it? If so how?

The granules are harmless. It's almost impossible to get the water out. Just drink more so it never dries out, or microwave it. Maybe bag it up with some silica gel if you have to store it.

I always flush my siphon tubes through with sanitiser after cleaning. I therefore feel, whether rightly or wrongly, that any moisture left in them will be sanitiser and not likely to go mouldy.

Latest posts

Back