Santa's wish list 2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portreath

Landlord.
Reaction score
As the festive season looms closer I will obviously be requesting some home brew nick-nacks in preference to the usual set of comedy socks, and under-size pants. I wonder what home brew goodies you guys out there on THBF will be hoping for this Christmas?

Happy Movember guys.athumb..

As the festive season looms closer I will obviously be requesting some home brew nick-nacks in preference to the usual set of comedy socks, and under-size pants. I wonder what home brew goodies you guys out there on THBF will be hoping for this Christmas?

Happy Movember guys.athumb..

A cooling spiral would be nice, I have the rest of my gear complete. Some books perhaps?

I've been a good boy and so if I don't have a Grainfather by the end of the year, I'll be most upset.

Some cornies and a CO2 bottle would be good too!

I was going to say nothing brew related is needed, I tend to buy as I go along. But after seeing that device @jceg316 posted I want to know more.

Anyone got one or used one. How does it work

I was going to say nothing brew related is needed, I tend to buy as I go along. But after seeing that device @jceg316 posted I want to know more.

Anyone got one or used one. How does it work

I worked at a homebrew centre briefly a few years ago and they had one. Was so good! Someone got me this https://www.brewuk.co.uk/bottle-filling-machine.html as a present but it was total sh*t.

The good ones which are aimed at microbreweries, are stainless steel, easy to sanitise, and fill bottles really fast. It works similar to an auto siphon. There is a small knack to it if you don't want to over fill the bottles.

Waw that looks amazing.

I guess it takes a while to get the float right and you need all the bottles the same size.

I use swing tops, I wonder if they fit this ok

I've been dropping hints to Father Christmas about

1) John Palmer's How to Brew v4

2) Brewfather premium subscription

:)

Wow, that looks amazing
I was intrigued too but found a video online that probably gives an idea.

I was going to ask for a 56 ltr gas boiler with tap, hop strainer, thermometer etc. I have plenty of 19kg lpg bottles so might be cheaper or more efficient than my 25ltr plastic electric kettle.

Seeing as my birthday is 8 days before Christmas, I’m hoping for :

Bulldog mill
Sack of uncrushed grain
Maybe a stainless fermenter.

Dark farm 10 litre keg and the doobry firkins to go with it.

Did you know I can get a discount because of that forum I'm always looking at.

I say to the wife and mother in law ALL THE TIME

Yes...a brew book would be nice. A sack of malt.
Both very affordable! Plus very useful! Even a couple of meters of syphon tube,a few pkts of yeast or 100g of hops....
But No! It'll be a pile of useless,£100 rubbish!

100 ct. rubber gaskets for the Grolsch bottles (stocking stuffer)
a bottle of Starsan

I don't get gifts on Christmas (only give to the small ones in the family). My wife and I do have a tradition of getting something unusual that time of year like an ice cream maker, for example.

That bottler in the video from Leek Brewery (seems to be their design) costs £450, just in case anyone is mixing it up with the bottler on the ebay link.

A link here in case my wife sees and decides to buy it me for Christmas:

https://www.staffordshirebrewery.co.uk/brewery-equipment/

It's a long shot, I'm not married.

Last edited:
A scanning electron microscope, but ... failing that, well, I'd be happy with a happy Christmas, me mates round for a few pints and a bottle or two of nice wine, the food goes without question - and a break from living behind a steering wheel and staring at a clock! Bring it on. Seriously though, Santa might bring me some grain for next year (I keep hinting that a 25kg sack is cheaper than 3kg plassy bags !!!!).

A scanning electron microscope, but ... failing that, well, I'd be happy with a happy Christmas, me mates round for a few pints and a bottle or two of nice wine, the food goes without question - and a break from living behind a steering wheel and staring at a clock! Bring it on. Seriously though, Santa might bring me some grain for next year (I keep hinting that a 25kg sack is cheaper than 3kg plassy bags !!!!).
y last 25 kg bag of mo cost 24.99 added some extra stuff for free delivery.

Latest posts

Back