Scottish Beer Drinkers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer... ;)

I haven't done many scottish beers yet, A Lia Fail attempt that was not a lot like Lia Fail (although very tasty) and a Dark Island which is just lovely.

I like the darker Scottish beers TBH.

hi mate the last 2 brews I made were kits, a magnum pear cider that I dry hopped and a milestone raspberry beer. the last AG I mad must have been in October or November and it was an APA packed with Amarillo. was thinking of brewing a coconut stout tomorrow as I quite like the Stewarts coconut porter beer. dunno if I can be ersed as there's plenty of footie on the morra. you up to much yourself?

Hi Patchworkdoll,

I'm just over the hills from you. Been brewing for about a year and unfortunately haven't got into AG yet, which was, and still is, my plan. Over the past year have done numerous can and extract kits with varying results, but most have been reasonably good. Right now fermenting an eagerly anticipated Evil Dog Double IPA kit... conditioning tweeked Cooper's Stout (I love this kit) and drinking BrewUK's 90 shilling and BBQ Summer Slammer. Cooper's IPA is a favourite of mine... done numerous tweeked versions of this.

All the best
Tom

I have been brewing for about a year and a half going from kits to extract and now to all grain. I am generally brewing pale ales to my own recipe using american hops.

Chickpeanut said:
Hi Patchworkdoll,

I'm just over the hills from you. Been brewing for about a year and unfortunately haven't got into AG yet, which was, and still is, my plan. Over the past year have done numerous can and extract kits with varying results, but most have been reasonably good. Right now fermenting an eagerly anticipated Evil Dog Double IPA kit... conditioning tweeked Cooper's Stout (I love this kit) and drinking BrewUK's 90 shilling and BBQ Summer Slammer. Cooper's IPA is a favourite of mine... done numerous tweeked versions of this.

All the best
Tom

not too far from me either, I work in Bathgate aswell.

Latest posts

Back