Scottish blog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glove81

Reaction score
Anybody fancy starting a Scottish based blog, a few I looked at seem a bit dead.

I'm thinking about blogging about beers made in Scotland, about making beer up here and anything else beer and brewing related.

Aye, go'on yersel. Look forward to reading it.

Anybody fancy starting a Scottish based blog, a few I looked at seem a bit dead.

I'm thinking about blogging about beers made in Scotland, about making beer up here and anything else beer and brewing related.
That would be about modern beers then? You could compare with everything from Ronald Pattinson about Scottish beer in the past.

Well when the lockdown started it all seemed fun and doable. Now that things are creeping back to normal I am not sure I would manage.

I'm tempted to start one about going from an utter beginner with only kit experience to all-grain brewing.
I hadn't really thought about doing one with a Scottish "slant"(mainly as I'm an Englishman living in Inverness) but it could be interesting to do.

I've already got unlimited web hosting and can pick up a domain easily enough. (scottishhomebrewer.co.uk is less than £6 a year)
If you wanted to do one I could do the website stuff and could set it up for multiple contributors.

I'm tempted to start one about going from an utter beginner with only kit experience to all-grain brewing.
I hadn't really thought about doing one with a Scottish "slant"(mainly as I'm an Englishman living in Inverness) but it could be interesting to do.

I've already got unlimited web hosting and can pick up a domain easily enough. (scottishhomebrewer.co.uk is less than £6 a year)
If you wanted to do one I could do the website stuff and could set it up for multiple contributors.

Haha, I also deal in Web design and hosting etc etc. Funny that we have the technical resources but in my case not the time atm.

I probably don't have the time either to be honest, which is why the idea of collaborating with someone on it seems much more palatable than doing it on my own.

I'd hardly say I'm a web expert, but I run a business (non beer related) online and know my way around WordPress and the basics f HTML, .js and .css I really need to learn some .PHP though, especially as I work with WordPress.

My favorite beer is a wee heavy and I try to keep a stock so I can age it properly (have one coming up for 18 months and still improving). A wee heavy was the first beer I entered into any competition and it won gold at National Homebrew Competition a few years ago.

Think Ill try another bottle tonight!

Latest posts

Back