Scottish National Homebrew competition 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who else here has entered? I have 2 entries in the post today - "The Beast from the Yeast" wee heavy and "Totally Tortie" - American IPA.

The wee heavy I am fairly pleased with, I entered V3 of this, V4 is in the conditioning fridge but only about 2 months old. It usually needs about 6-12 months conditioning so I didnt want to enter one that was too fresh.
The American IPA is decent but not hoping for much with it. I didnt have anything great to enter to made a last minute IPA and bottled it last night from the keg.

First prize (best in show) is a 7gal SS brewtech unitank which would be nice!

Results are all in. I got an “Honorary Mention” which I assume you means 4th place! I’m not at all clear why some groups had an honorary mention and others not (or even what it really means) but I won’t argue with that! 😂

They give HM's to beers that scored really well and were really good but just didn't manage to sneak into the top three places.....its like an acknowledgement of a really good beer that just failed to place.

Well I’m absolutely made up that my entry into the strong british beer category got an HM too. First major comp. Can’t even begin to tell you how pleased I am with that. As my old man would say “f**k my old boots” 🍻
10C171E9-97AB-41A1-9BDB-079EAC68F74B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back