Scrapping HS2 Leeds extension 'undermines' levelling up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always say discussing politics with Beer, Wine etc Should be banned I witnessed many inebriated people kick off over a difference in political outlook.

When you register you agree to abide by the forum rules the main of which i have posted below if members break these rules their post will be deleted if they persist they will be banned from the thread then the forum if they do not stop, there is no reason to ban threads just because they may become a problem at some time in the future.

We don't do heavy handed moderation here what we do do is not let the minority spoil it for the majority. ;)

• You agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct or behavior deemed by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be harmful to the online community, including, but not limited to, the following:
  • Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
  • Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff;
  • posting content containing nudity or violence;
  • soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
  • providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity or violence
  • soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
  • posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
  • transmitting unsolicited email to the Company or any member
  • impersonating any person or entity;
  • posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without prior written authorization from the Company;
  • infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
  • posting any defamatory or otherwise false information;
  • posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software;
  • engaging in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Websites (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Websites).

Last edited:
@Chippy_Tea I could be wrong but I don't think @Andrew Booth meant anyone discussing it on this forum should be banned, but having a conversation involving politics whilst partaking of alcohol is not a good idea. Personally I always avoid it and religion as well. Visits to Ireland back in the seventies taught me to be careful what I involve myself in whilst in a pub.

It was not aimed at anyone on this forum just a general observation that alcohol and politics and indeed religion should be avoided in inebriated circumstances. My logic this is a homebrew forum….

I actually take a lot of pride in being able to have discussions with people about anything, so long as they are not being disingenuous, that's the only rule! Other than that I love hearing different opinions, expressed well, and really enjoy making good arguments and hearing good arguments (not fights) in return!

Why? I believe that while the system is set up to divide us, and they really do have it down to a fine art... the reality is that most of us agree on all the big stuff and we just muddle along in this political fugue state! If we can snap our selves out of the bipolar thinking that politics encourages, we the people, united, would be unstoppable!

Great post Mr 'Nanna - I think these issues are so complicated and deep that its almost impossible to discuss them in a a way that makes a convincing argument either way. You would really need to enrol "real experts" in their field and not just have bar room discussion, which is often politically motivated and not based on fact drawn on proper research. I cant be arsed to become a key board warrior just to express my views, though I spend far too much time listening to the like of Jeff Marshall and various construction companies etc - Ive run out of steam!

Going back to politics, it doesn't matter what side you support, it's not healthy to have one party in power too long.
It keeps the prevailing party (currently appears to be the blue team) on their toes if they get booted out for a term.

If the other parties cooperated so each area had a Tory & single non Tory candidate me might see a change. But there is no way that's going to happen.

Great post Mr 'Nanna - I think these issues are so complicated and deep that its almost impossible to discuss them in a a way that makes a convincing argument either way. You would really need to enrol "real experts" in their field and not just have bar room discussion, which is often politically motivated and not based on fact drawn on proper research. I cant be arsed to become a key board warrior just to express my views, though I spend far too much time listening to the like of Jeff Marshall and various construction companies etc - Ive run out of steam!

I understand! I am lucky, I am very quick at typing, I use a full keyboard (I never use my phone for this stuff - that's a recipe for disaster) I am also more than willing to admit when I am wrong and laugh at myself when I am... people are *too* serious sometimes, which okay, sometimes we discuss serious things, but ultimately, most of us are in the same boat and any delusions we might have of higher standing than those around us turn to dust when reality hits, which you have to admit, is pretty funny!

I have learned a great deal from this topic, I posted a few questions which were challenging and good folk came back and challenged me back in a realy good way - that's a discussion worth having in my book!

For the record, I am more open to EVs now than when I first entered this discussion - so cheers everyone cheers:

And just when I thought I had a handle on everything I realise this isn't the EV thread at all... oh my 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I remain to be convinced that the HS2 is a good idea!!!

@Chippy_Tea I could be wrong but I don't think @Andrew Booth meant anyone discussing it on this forum should be banned, but having a conversation involving politics whilst partaking of alcohol is not a good idea.

I never took it that way Galena that's why i posted -
there is no reason to ban threads just because they may become a problem at some time in the future.

My logic this is a homebrew forum….

This is pointed out regularly and the answer is always the same -

The snug description from the index page is below and it states This is the place for all non brewing chat we do not ban any topic unless its against the rules its not our place to tell forum members what they can and cannot post if it is within the rules its fine.

If members don't like the look of the thread title they have the option not to view it if they cannot resist then don't like what they then read they have the option not to reply or report it if they ignore both these options and post in the thread and do not like the replies to their post they only have themselves to blame.

If any member would prefer not to see any content from the Snug they can contact an Admin and that can be arranged.

The Snug
This is the place for all non brewing chat.

Last edited:
aaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaa.jpg

Another typical day in sToryland then!!

Some people are incapable of honest argument and discussion, they twist things around and manipulate the narrative to make it look like you are the one who is being unreasonable. I tend to find that it is people who vote conservative who do this, not all conservative voters do this, but a significant proportion of people who do this vote conservative. The 'new labour' infiltrators do it too.

They seem to suffer from the same mental deficit that stops them from acting honourably in a discussion, specifically, they either attack the person not the position (ad hominem), or a position that is not the position of the person they are attacking (straw man).

It's a profound weakness of character that stems from a total lack of moral backbone and a desire to always be right even when they are clearly wrong.

I honestly think that they can't even recognise what they are doing and how pathetic it makes them look, pitiful really.

Latest posts

Back