Scum.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1616272064463.png

1616272199631.png
1616272210223.png

A teacher and ex-Royal Marine said his family is lucky to be alive after a suspected arson attack which destroyed their home in County Durham.
Sean Ivey, from Wingate, fled to safety with his wife and two children after a fire broke out early on Thursday.
Mr Ivey, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, believed he was targeted after standing up to anti-social behaviour.
Two men have been arrested and Durham Police issued a 48-hour dispersal order in the area.

"I just woke up in bed and felt the need to look out of the window," Mr Ivey said.
"I shouted to my wife that the car was on fire, go and get the kids."
It broke out around 01:45 GMT. Flames from the car then spread to a caravan parked on the driveway, before spreading to the roof of the bungalow.
A second fire broke out during the early hours of Friday. Nobody was inside at the time.
Durham Police are treating them as suspected arson.

Mr Ivey, who served with 45 Commando, said young people had been spotted riding around the area on quad bikes wearing balaclavas, "terrorising" other road users.
"(There have been) burglaries, car fires, this is quite extreme but these aren't isolated incidents," he added.
"I'm just absolutely fed up of the anti-social behaviour, the lack of respect, the lack of discipline, and where does it stop?

On Wednesday, hours before the first fire, Mr Ivey posted on social media that his parents had been robbed when four men burst into their home.
He said he had a run-in last weekend with a young biker "riding like a lunatic" and saw another in the main street of the former mining village pulling wheelies and mounting the paths.
He also called out gangs gathering outside a local takeaway.
A fundraising campaign has raised more than £50,000 to help the family, whose home was not insured because a policy had run out.
Photographs, medals and Mr Ivey's Royal Marines uniform have also been lost.

Two men, aged 22 and 25, have been arrested. Police said they were continuing to carry out lines of inquiry in relation to the second fire.
Insp Emma Kay said it had had "a huge impact" on the family and the wider community.
"I would encourage anyone with information no matter how small it may be to come forward and help us bring the offenders to justice," she said.
Patrols are being increased and the dispersal order will be in place over the weekend, meaning anyone failing to leave when asked will face arrest.

1616272175472.png

Attachments

• 1616272078267.png
    1616272078267.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 1616272088523.png
    1616272088523.png
    359.7 KB · Views: 49
This is why people wont stand up to the dregs of society and with hardly any threat of being caught and light sentences if they are its not surprising they think they can do whatever they want.

When the police force is decimated then these scum can get away with. The poor guys house insurance had run out. If we don't police the streets then vigilante gangs will. Sorry state of affairs.

one answer VIGILANTE groups - lets see if the police would arrest these or the SCUM

Remember that poor farmer a few years ago, pikeys kept breaking in his house.He had enough and killed one of them with his shot gun.
Thankfully the law came to it's senses and let the poor farmer out of prison.

The two who got arrested if found guilty of the offence will probably get 18 months sentence instead of 25 years for attempted murder.

A **** state of affairs but I have no idea why you are posting local news in this place Chippy? There's some huge national news that you exile to the supporters board and disallow here. Surely it should be the other way round?

Bring back hanging? What an absolute throbber.

Whilst the punishment for this crime,(Twice as I read it.!!) should be measured in decades not years.
We have to consider the perpetrators would likely come out of prison as damaged goods,Unemployed and unemployable, A lifelong drain on society,!!!!

Considering the above,The death penalty might seem the best option,The problem I have however if this penalty is reinstated is that it is permanent.
There is no correcting for errors or other miscarriages of justice,

Whilst with some heinous crimes the guilt of the perpetrator is beyond doubt.It would not stop there it would creep.
Politics would get involved,Sorry to say I have no confidence in any of our politicians today to get it right,Let alone tomorrow.
Look at the utter fiasco of the indeterminate sentencing,There are people who have been in prison for many years for minor offenses.Fortunately these sentences were scrapped.But not before people had unduly suffered.

Last edited:
To your second point @Hanglow, what is a fair punishmnent for intentionally causing a fire to someone’s property when they’re inside it?

I've no idea, an attempted murder charge would seem fair to me, which brings a sentence up to life imprisonment.

In this case though it looks like they burned his car then it spread, so an attempted murder charge wouldn't be correct. Should still get a large custodial sentence for criminal damage and arson though, especially as life was endangered.

Remember that poor farmer a few years ago, pikeys kept breaking in his house.He had enough and killed one of them with his shot gun.
Thankfully the law came to it's senses and let the poor farmer out of prison.
Tony Martin was the lad. A national hero!

Whilst the punishment for this crime,(Twice as I read it.!!) should be measured in decades not years.
We have to consider the perpetrators would likely come out of prison as damaged goods,Unemployed and unemployable, A lifelong drain on society,!!!!

Considering the above,The death penalty might seem the best option,The problem I have however if this penalty is reinstated is that it is permanent.
There is no correcting for errors or other miscarriages of justice,

Whilst with some heinous crimes the guilt of the perpetrator is beyond doubt.It would not stop there it would creep.
Politics would get involved,Sorry to say I have no confidence in any of our politicians today to get it right,Let alone tomorrow.
Look at the utter fiasco of the indeterminate sentencing,There are people who have been in prison for many years for minor offenses.Fortunately these sentences were scrapped.But not before people had unduly suffered.
Fear not. The death penalty will be reintroduced in our lifetimes for such heinous crimes as engaging in public demonstrations, standing up for minorities, backing feminist movements and failing to vote Conservative in an election.

Not sure why people don't insure their homes. Every time things like this happen it is always again property that doesn't seem to be insured

A **** state of affairs but I have no idea why you are posting local news in this place Chippy?

Because this is the Snug and as its description states "A place to post all non brewing discussion" i wasn't aware local news wasn't allowed.

There's some huge national news that you exile to the supporters board and disallow here. Surely it should be the other way round?

The whole team decide which threads were to be moved to the private forum and you know the reason why if you don't please PM me and i will go through it with you or you can contact our American Admin i am sure she would be glad to discuss your negative thoughts on those decisions with you.

If you have some huge national news you want to discuss feel free to open a thread in the Snug.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back