Secondary fermentation in a PB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_quick

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just wonder if anyone done secondary fermentation in a PB. I was just given King Keg and was wondering if I can use it as a secondary fermenter - to keep beer more clear.
Or maybe for carbonation? If I add sugar seal and seal it for 2 weeks, could I transfer it to bottles? Or would it loose carbonation?

Thanks

I suppose you could but extra messing with it could cause infection. Why not try kegging a brew and let it do it's thing...then drink it!

2 problems with kegging

1. I don't drink enough - sometime I just have 2 pints a week - I do give away lots of beer - but like the process of brewing
2. kings keg has S30 valve and that system is basically dead , would need to buy valve with a pin (for 8gr cartridge)

Thanks for suggestion. I will at some point hopefully move to kegs, but most likely with Corny ones - but that a very future idea.

There's no problem with transferring to another sanitised vessel to take the beer off the trub then leaving it to clear. It's called racking off. So why not use your King Keg to do just that, just like you would another FV? I rack off most of my beers, but there are others who don't. However if you add priming sugar then open it up after a few days you will lose the carbonation and have to start again either in part or whole according to how long its being carbing and how much priming sugar is likely to have been consumed.

Latest posts

Back