Secondary fermentation (in bottle) worry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinMesa

Reaction score
Hey guys. Very new to this, have tried to find an answer but can't.

I hear leaving my brew in the FV for a bit after the gravity has stabilised is good to help "clear up".

Is there a case of leaving it too long where the yeast will die (or become ineffective) when bottling and needing it for carbonation?

You shouldn't worry about anything to do with homebrewing, its only a hobby. There are more important things to worry about in life, especially at the present time. :oops:

Yea worry is a relative term. Home brew is a bit of an escape atm. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist though, and like to do the best I can at a given task.

(Not to mention good tasting beer is always epic)

Yea worry is a relative term. Home brew is a bit of an escape atm. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist though, and like to do the best I can at a given task.

(Not to mention good tasting beer is always epic)
nothing wrong with aiming for perfection. cos' even if you fall short a bit you'll still be golden. athumb..

Yeast can survive for a very long time (years), and will only go dormant at low temperatures. You can even freeze dry yeast. I store my yeast for months in the fridge. It won't die.

Once you've bottled and cracked open your first beer you'll look back on this and laugh.

Back