Secret brewer signing on.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret brewer

Reaction score
Hi all Graham here. The forum name is secret brewer because the wife dosnt know i have and dosnt need to find out i have just bought a brewing kit with all the bits required.

I have promised myself i would for years but have only just got round to it.

The kit i got is a Muntons Gold old English Bitter. I am hoping it will be a nice and satisfying beer. i have opted for the bottle rather than barrel as i dont drink a lot at any one time so a bottle of self carbonated beer on a night wont sully the rest of them.

I will wait for the wife to go for a days shopping before i start and at the moment the kit is in the garage ready for me to go. (wife cant get that far back in the garage due to as i am told too many motorbikes. :shock:

welcome to th forum. You'll find everything you need here to get right into brewing! :D

Mmm one reason the wife must be kept in the dark is due to my mother and father in law having a wash room full of thing bubbling away and the wife dosnt want to end up the same.

She made me sell the land rover so i got vintage bikes instead.

I will be making a brew cupboard in the corner with heater and ventalation to as it were keep mum.

welcome

just tell her it will distract you from buying more bikes or another land rover

or if in doubt blame the father in law :lol:

Welcome to the forum Graham.

I think you have a cat in hells chance of keeping your homebrew quiet once your friends find out.

As a founder member of the SBS may I welcome you. Anonymity is paramount to being a member of the SBS so please refrain from using your name.

I have managed to stay undetected and under the radar for 18 months now. However I brew at work away from prying eyes.

Good luck with your endevours and remember careless brewing costs beers.

AG

Firstly to Graysalchemy
The good lady wife is unlikly to see this forum so i have little worries there. I do however have friends who may see this and discuss it within earshot so will be careful.

As for brewing at work i fear it would be fround upon as driving and beer dont go together.

Wendy I will endever to make a nice White zynvandel when i have the equipment. That may soften the impact when i am found out.

Secret brewer said:
Firstly to Graysalchemy
The good lady wife is unlikly to see this forum so i have little worries there.

Thats what I thought until Mrs.graysalchemy joined the forum and posted after one of my posts. Search it. As for brewing at work it is my business and I have a very large workshop that SHMBO never visits and if she does I have enough space to hide things.

Anyway good luck and welcome.

Secret brewer said:
Firstly to Graysalchemy
The good lady wife is unlikly to see this forum so i have little worries there.
That's what he thought, but she did.
Secret brewer said:
Wendy I will endeavour to make a nice White zinfandel when I have the equipment. That may soften the impact when I am found out.
Never mind the kit wines, get some WOW on the go, it can be ready to drink within 1-2 months and when she discovers you can make wine like that for around 50p a bottle you might get away with your guilty little secret.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive :nono:

But when we've practiced for a while, how vastly we improve our style ;) :whistle:

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck keeping your brewing quiet, the wife will get suspicious when you start encouraging her to go out shopping for the day though... :whistle:

I was once told by Oc indoors that i could buy a landrover as it would be a good idea as we live in wild lincolnshire. Less than 2 days later i had got me a 1968 series 2 (she couldnt drive it cause it was too agricultural). :D

She said i could have a motorbike a good cheep transport to work. I have one modern and three vintage (she cant ride motorcycles. no license). :eek:

I am a mountain leader. (she likes the hotel type holidays) :whistle:

I do canoeing (not her cup of tea) :grin:

There are no such things as men just boys. The only diference is the price and size and speed of the toys. (a quote from my loving and understandin wife) :nono:

She will find out. i know she will. But then i can say i have had it for months. just like she says about the new boot she just got out of her car.

graysalchemy said:
SHMBO never visits

Oh my God why did I say that

She is VISITING on saturday with the kids :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That means finding a home for 300+ bottles a fridge a freezer 6 x 60l FV HLt mash and Kettle and a rather large amount of grain etc.

I am not panicing.....

honest I am not I am fine I am in control.

Latest posts

Back