Secret Cask Micro Pub Edenbridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Since i'm now a sponsoring member here's whats going on here. I'm at 91 High Street, Edenbridge TN8 5AU close to where Kent Sussex and Surrey meet.

Outside

outside.jpg

Ever changing casks and kegs
1.jpg

Cider and wine
2.jpg

Bottles and cans
cans.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those prices are excellent. If I'm ever down your way I'll definitely be dropping in. I'd drink the hell out of all of those beers.

Like mentioned London prices.

A question from someone qualified to answer, one that as always intrigued me. Why is there always a massive price increase for drinking in rather than taking out

Like mentioned London prices.

A question from someone qualified to answer, one that as always intrigued me. Why is there always a massive price increase for drinking in rather than taking out
I see take away like bonus buys that I would unlikely get at full price so they don't need to be priced at a sustainable level.

Interesting.

Was in cloudwater last night and it was least £1.20 extra to drink a can inside rather than take it away.
By sitting in you are using more of their electricity, using their glassware, dishwasher etc. The extra pays for these overheads.

My local microbrewery taproom lets you buy any of their bottleshop bottles/cans to sit in but charges corkage on top of the bottleshop price.

Forgot to mention I do 2 for the price of 1 on takeaway cask beer just to get the casks to turn over quicker.

Wow! That's a lot of choice. Shame I'm 700 miles north of you! I'll try and persuade my brothers to visit.

That green decor is a bit garish! But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
By sitting in you are using more of their electricity, using their glassware, dishwasher etc. The extra pays for these overheads.

My local microbrewery taproom lets you buy any of their bottleshop bottles/cans to sit in but charges corkage on top of the bottleshop price.

But run the risk of the place being empty. More likely to spend more If I am sat in a bar. Others will see it is busy and may be tempted to come in. £1.20 plus is a bit steep for just using a glass, the place needs electric with or without me.

Back