Secret Santa 2021

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my first ……… Can’t wait !!!!!

Attachments

• ABB270E9-E9E6-4A9D-97E6-ED6298B011B9.jpeg
    ABB270E9-E9E6-4A9D-97E6-ED6298B011B9.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 41
Unfortunately I'm unable to participate in the forum Secret Santa because I do not live in the UK. On the bright side I get to do a secret santa with my local homebrew group.

The rules are slightly different:
  • Homebrew group members sign up to participate so we know how many bottles we need.
  • All bottles are anonymous, but need to be distinct enough to be uniquely recognisable.
  • We ended up with 11 participants so I prepared 12 bottles (one for each participant + 1 for breakages etc.). See my entry on the picture ;)
  • All bottles are handed in to a central person. They send out packages with beverages on a daily basis so they the right boxes and a courier service.
  • We receive a collection of 11 bottles at our doorsteps to drink over the Christmas season
  • We give feedback on a Google forms document. We capture which beer you drank and what you thought of it. The form is written in a way that forces people to say nice things and only give positive feedback.
  • We also have people guess the style, the brewer, the ABV, any special ingredients
  • We have a virtual evening in which we discuss all the beers, give back the feedback, reveal the brewer and details, and crown the person that guessed the most details correctly to honourary Santa of the year.

0b46112e-acfb-46fd-a568-a7ad3c5991bc.jpg

Unfortunately I'm unable to participate in the forum Secret Santa because I do not live in the UK. On the bright side I get to do a secret santa with my local homebrew group.

The rules are slightly different:
  • Homebrew group members sign up to participate so we know how many bottles we need.
  • All bottles are anonymous, but need to be distinct enough to be uniquely recognisable.
  • We ended up with 11 participants so I prepared 12 bottles (one for each participant + 1 for breakages etc.). See my entry on the picture ;)
  • All bottles are handed in to a central person. They send out packages with beverages on a daily basis so they the right boxes and a courier service.
  • We receive a collection of 11 bottles at our doorsteps to drink over the Christmas season
  • We give feedback on a Google forms document. We capture which beer you drank and what you thought of it. The form is written in a way that forces people to say nice things and only give positive feedback.
  • We also have people guess the style, the brewer, the ABV, any special ingredients
  • We have a virtual evening in which we discuss all the beers, give back the feedback, reveal the brewer and details, and crown the person that guessed the most details correctly to honourary Santa of the year.

View attachment 59398
That sounds very like the interclub competions we (Rebel Homebrew) have been having with other clubs during lock down. We distribute the beers the same way and then once a week have a zoom call where we drink a couple of the beers and discuss them. Bottles are also sent to judges who score them.

Can I just say, the selection of beers that have been appearing on the thread over the last week has been absolutely outstanding. Can you imagine walking into any bar and seeing that range of diversity and quality on offer.

I love Secret Santa too, and I can't wait to see the reviews going up. Only 10 more sleeps...🥳

It’s great seeing all these different beers popping up. I think I must of been a naughty brewer this year, or the posties having a little drink on me. Fingers crossed something turns up tomorrow.

Quite a few people have let me know they’ve sent theirs out in the last couple of days. Given that Christmas postage is starting to hit it’s stride, those beers probably won’t land until the weekend at the earliest.
If you‘re still missing beer after post arrives on Saturday send me a PM. I’ll message your personal Santa(s) and, if all else fails, call in a favour from one the emergency elves who are on stand by to save Christmas in just this eventuality.

Quite a few people have let me know they’ve sent theirs out in the last couple of days. Given that Christmas postage is starting to hit it’s stride, those beers probably won’t land until the weekend at the earliest.
If you‘re still missing beer after post arrives on Saturday send me a PM. I’ll message your personal Santa(s) and, if all else fails, call in a favour from one the emergency elves who are on stand by to save Christmas in just this eventuality.
Were we meant to let you know when we posted ours?
My two went on Monday, I know from the posts above that one has arrived. I have received one so far.

Latest posts

Back