Secret Santa Beer Swap 2019!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a really cool idea...I will have to wait till next year, but will put a couple bottles aside this year in anticipation. I only have beer in the fermenter at this point.

Updated list:

Strange-Steve x2
Justin Dean x2
ClownPrince x2
SteveH x2
Leon103 x2
Hopsteep x2
Samale x2
jceg316 x2
Chrisb8 x2
Oneflewover x2
MickDundee x2
brewhaha
DavidHatton x2
Zephyr259 x2
grizzly notations x2
MrSarge x2
Markk x2
Big yogi x2
Subtle duck x2
Ajhutch x2
RichardM x2
@Tim Hunt x2
Cellarbrew x2
Homeboy x2
@Hoddy
Mackembrew x2
Lawrence22
@uDicko x2
fury_tea x2
Jakeyboi x2
Mitchmalt x2
Dan125 x2
Winterbournebrewery x2
Pmh x2
Cowman x2
@dave_77 x2
Cwrw666
andyb13 x2
Phildo79 x2
Harbey x2

If your name has an @ it means I don't have your address as yet.

Edit to add: Tim Hunt, Hoddy, and UDicko I have addresses for you from previous swaps, but can you confirm you're at the same address please.

Last edited:
A few people have PMd me with queries about posting bottles so I thought I'd post some info here:

You can post a small parcel 2nd class for £3. That allows you up to 2kg weight in a box up to about the size of a shoe box.

At the post office they'll ask you what's in it, just be honest, you can send alcohol as long as it's less than 24% abv and no more than 1 liter. Mark the box "fragile".

They might insist you put a return address on it, but since this is supposed to be anonymous you can omit your name if it might give away your identity. I usually don't bother with a return address, and only once have the PO told me to put it on there.

A shoe box or similar is actually ideal for sending a bottle, just make sure to use plenty of bubble wrap and/or scrunched up newspaper. I'd also recommend putting your bottle inside a plastic bag before wrapping it up. That way if there is an accident and it gets smashed, the receiver will have an easier time cleaning up the broken glass. This doesn't happen often though, I've only ever had one broken bottle out of dozens sent.

Pringles tubes are also a good fit for most bottles (plus they're on offer for £1.35 in Tesco right now :thumba:) as are whiskey boxes and the like.

Updated list:

Strange-Steve x2
Justin Dean x2
ClownPrince x2
SteveH x2
Leon103 x2
Hopsteep x2
Samale x2
jceg316 x2
Chrisb8 x2
Oneflewover x2
MickDundee x2
brewhaha
DavidHatton x2
Zephyr259 x2
grizzly notations x2
MrSarge x2
Markk x2
Big yogi x2
Subtle duck x2
Ajhutch x2
RichardM x2
@Tim Hunt x2
Cellarbrew x2
Homeboy x2
@Hoddy
Mackembrew x2
Lawrence22
@uDicko x2
fury_tea x2
Jakeyboi x2
Mitchmalt x2
Dan125 x2
Winterbournebrewery x2
Pmh x2
Cowman x2
@dave_77 x2
Cwrw666
andyb13 x2
Phildo79 x2
Harbey x2

If your name has an @ it means I don't have your address as yet.

Edit to add: Tim Hunt, Hoddy, and UDicko I have addresses for you from previous swaps, but can you confirm you're at the same address please.

Same address boss

A great turn out this year and just under a week left to enter, addresses will be PMd next Thursday :hat:

Well that's it, time is up and entries are now closed! This is the biggest secret santa yet with 40 entrants and 76 total swaps, so thanks everyone for entering clapa

Look out over the next couple of days for a PM which will have the address(es) to send your beer(s) to :hat:

Well here we are again already, Halloween is thankfully out of the way and it's getting near that time again. The secret Santa swap has been a big success over the last couple of years and hopefully this year will be even more popular :thumba:

For those that are new, the idea is that you will anonymously send a beer to another forum member and in return you will receive a mystery brew from someone else. Then on or around Christmas day I'll create a review thread where you can post a review or some brief comments on the beer.

This is open to all types of brewers, from kits to AG, beginners to old hands. Don't be put off by the thought of your beer being reviewed, the idea isn't for a competition style deconstruction but rather some positive and constructive feedback, and more importantly the opportunity to try another brewer's beer :beer1:

So if this sounds like something you'd be interested in post "I'm in" or something similar below and send me a PM with your postal details. After the closing date I will PM you with an address to send your beer to. The closing date for entries will be 4th December which will give you 2 weeks to package and post your bottle before the last recommend postal date for Christmas which is the 18th. I recommend sending before this though to allow the beer a few days to settle.

So don't be shy people, let's have your entries. Also if you'd like to swap more than one beer just say so below (you'll get more than one in return then):hat:

Last year we had 29 people sending 48 beers, can we top that?

Cheers, Steve acheers.
I can do a couple swapsies if its not too late

One more or am I too late - 2 bottles, if you can squeeze me in I will PM on reply acheers.

Back