Secret Santa Beer Swap 2020!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I asked people to at least give a name so they can identify it from the review thread 🤷‍♂️
Nope, nada. I even checked for a little slip of paper.
If you can get in touch with the sender please, and maybe ask them to look out for the review, and / or I can put a nickname on them for review purposes. Cheers

Second secret santa arrived today, Scandinavian Dark Lager. Looking forward to trying this style I haven't had before. Thank you! athumb..
IMG_20201214_173105.jpg

Last edited:
My second has arrived also, American IPA. Looking forward to trying both!

Nope, nada. I even checked for a little slip of paper.
If you can get in touch with the sender please, and maybe ask them to look out for the review, and / or I can put a nickname on them for review purposes. Cheers
I've PMd your sender to see if he can give me a name/style for them thumb.

Beers arrived. Thank you. Both very well packaged

One with rather unsuprising label and the other needs to settle in a dark place.

Will try nearer christmas and post on relevant thread when it comes up.

20201215_103455.jpg

We have done a similar Secret Santa swap with the local homebrew club (Amsterdam) - but instead of one-to-one trades we had everyone send in 14 bottles, and in return receiving 14.

I've created feedback forms where everyone can guess the style, ABV, specialty malts / yeasts / additions and give some nice feedback to the brewer. We will host a virtual get together later this month to compare notes and crown the person that was most on point as santa brews 2020.

It sure feels nice to share homebrew in these weird times.

1608030047126.png

We have done a similar Secret Santa swap with the local homebrew club (Amsterdam) - but instead of one-to-one trades we had everyone send in 14 bottles, and in return receiving 14.

I've created feedback forms where everyone can guess the style, ABV, specialty malts / yeasts / additions and give some nice feedback to the brewer. We will host a virtual get together later this month to compare notes and crown the person that was most on point as santa brews 2020.

It sure feels nice to share homebrew in these weird times.

View attachment 37529
Yes I organised similar thing with Anglian Craft Brewers. We did two beers each for 7 people so same. This one with 86 people that would be a massive parcel ! We have quite a few qualified judges in the ACB and we are they are doing BJCP sheets for each of the beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back