Secret Santa Reviews 2020!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit late with the old review here. Apologies.
I did however try it before the deadline, but couldn't remember my password to do the review on my phone :tinhat:

It was a lovely brew. A very smokey, roasted flavour, but not overpowering. A lovely redish tinge to the colour.
I enjoyed it tremendously. It almost made mine taste a little sweet. Perhaps I should just leave that primary a few months :laugh8:

Thank you very much.

I'm already looking forward to next year now.

Attachments

• 20201231_155900.jpg
    20201231_155900.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20201231_155812.jpg
    20201231_155812.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 68
Bit late with the old review here. Apologies.
I did however try it before the deadline, but couldn't remember my password to do the review on my phone :tinhat:

It was a lovely brew. A very smokey, roasted flavour, but not overpowering. A lovely redish tinge to the colour.
I enjoyed it tremendously. It almost made mine taste a little sweet. Perhaps I should just leave that primary a few months :laugh8:

Thank you very much.

I'm already looking forward to next year now.

Hi Jonny,

That was my Best Bitter. Link to the recipe below if you’re curious.

The recipe for today’s brew. Last time I made this I used 2.5Kg MO and 2Kg Pilsner malt but only because I was short on MO.

Hazelwood Best Bitter
4.5Kg Maris Otter
200g Flaked barley
150g Crystal 225
100g Torrified wheat
30g Roasted barley
75 min mash at 150F

18g Magnum leaf AA=15.3% for 60 mins

1/2 Protofloc tablet at 15 mins
30g Fuggle leaf AA=4.5% at 15 mins

24 litres in FV, OG=1042
1 pack S-04

Keg on day 12, FG=1008

I can only find one of your reviews Jonnymac, sorry, my searching is a bit hit and miss. According to the list I sent you one
No buddy, It was me that sent you one. It is my first year, so I thought I would send just one and see how it went, before jumping in with two next year :laugh8:

Mine was the one that had to settle a bit. It doesn't seem to matter how long I leave it, i just cannot get rid of the sediment!

Back